Yeelights are all unavailable

Hi

I’m running the latest beta 0.113.0b3 I’m not entirely sure when it happend if it was on a 0.112.x build or if it’s since going to 0.113.x but none of my yeelights are available from home assistant any more. I can still control them with the yeelight app, but not through HA. All bulbs/stips are on latest firmware and have LAN mode enabled. They have been working perfectly for ages, just all of a sudden it seems to have stopped.

I have them on a different VLAN controlled through my UDM pro, but I resolved the issue mDns issue a while ago and its all been working nicely and I haven’t touched my network since.

1 Like

Mine are working. I have found in the past sometimes I need to hard boot them but have not touched them for ages now.

Same issue here. Did you fix this? (no different vlan)

Not as yet, turning them off and on does nothing, and mine are still working with the yeelight app, just no dice with HA.

I wish they presented as a proper integration with devices, it’s so much easier to manage.

Yes, same here. Just hard rebooted them from switch and tested from yee app. All OK.

Not sure what happpened!

Same problem here after updating to 0.113.

As a fix, mine work if I add them directly to the configuration.yaml, so maybe it’s a discovery related problem.

So I have Yeelight ignored for discovery for a long time so mine are manually configured.

Mine are ignored in Discovery but have also stopped working with automations since 0.113.
I can manually turn them on and off within HA, but Node Red automations do not activate them. The automation seems to be working correctly, just the bulbs not turning on or off.

Yes I am on 0.113.1. All Yeelight become unavailable. Auto discovery setting.

Was working fine prior update on 0.112. 2

try manual config and ignoring in discovery…

Manual config means need to assigned IP to each of lights?

I’ll try this, but I’ve had issues in the past with manual config, and it is much nicer that devices are just discovered. There definitely seems to be something breaking discovery in 0.113.0 though.

OK so I’ve set all my yeelights to have fixed IP’s and registered them manually and they work. So this seems like some issue with the discovery since 0.113.0.

I originally used manual config and then switched to discovery when it was available but many releases ago discovery sopped working so I switched to manual config again and have not touched it since.

Yes you need to reserve the IP address in your router for the light.

I’d prefer to use discovery but manual works fine. I don’t know if there was any change in 0.113.x… I suspect not. These lights seem to be a bit unpredictable.

I agree. Manual config fixed it for me.

Ok, sounds like I need to change my IP assignment for this.

FYI. 0.113.2 - auto discovery is fixed.

2 Likes

Update: Figure out. It is not broken, just change to Integration tab as part of this release breaking changes.

Is it broken on 0.155.3?