YET another take on an alarm system

All I get is a spinning coloured circle when I open the custom panel. I have tried all the solutions above but none are working…

Can anyone help?

Im having the issues in all browsers but used the developer tools in chrome to see whats going on

Don’t know if this helps anyone diagnose my issue?

My frontend.yaml

Using es5 as its the only configuration that allows my floorplan map to show as a custom card on the main page. Using latest or auto breaks home assistant for me when using floorplan. Changing it to latest or auto the alarm panel still won’t work.

javascript_version: es5
  extra_html_url:
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-floorplan.html

#extra_html_url:
   # - /local/custom_ui/state-card-floorplan.html

extra_html_url_es5:
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-floorplan.html

within chrome dev tools click the link next to attributs of undefined ‘alarm-xxxxxx’ and see which code it highlights

One is related to

if (this.alarm.attributes.clock) {

The others are around 75,000 columns long so to paste that here would be huge.

Doesn’t look as though your alarm panel is initialized.

Do you have the alarm_control_panel.house under your states page?

No, i don’t.

I did try looking for it and realised that was probably the issue but I cant work out why…

Does the HA alarm control panel have to be enabled for it to work? As I currently have it enabled…

If I turn off the HA alarm panel i get the following error on the home page

The following components and platforms could not be set up:

alarm-control-panel.bwalarm

So that leads me to believe i need the HA alarm panel to be setup as well, which it currently is.

ensure you have this in your configuration.yaml:

alarm_control_panel: !include alarm.yaml
panel_custom: !include panel_custom.yaml

Also ensure you have the alarm.yaml and panel_custom.yaml from the repo.

Also check that ‘name’ matches the alarmid in panel_custom.yaml alarmid: alarm_control_panel.‘name’

yep those 2 lines are in my config file

I have both those files from the repo

and here is a screenshot showing the alarm IDs match

any errors in HA log?

2018-01-16 20:49:27 ERROR (Thread-2) [homeassistant.util.yaml] YAML file /home/synertia/.homeassistant/configuration.yaml contains duplicate key “alarm_control_panel”. Check lines 18 and 60.

As I say I have both the “yet another take on an alarm system” panel in use and I have the Home assistant alarm panel enabled. If I turn of the built in home assistant panel then I get the following error on the front page

The following components and platforms could not be set up:

alarm-control-panel.bwalarm

That error log at the top I posted is the only error in the HA logs in relation to alarm

You don’t need the HA alarm panel, remove that.

do you have bwalarm in the right folder? I notice the error uses hyphens instead of underscores.

check your folder name is underscores

Yep, its in the right folder I think

I have removed the Home assistant alarm panel and restarted and the following error shows on the front end. As you say its showing hyphens instead of underscores so maybe thats the error? I don’t know where its picking the hyphens up from to try and find it and change it…

The front end is showing that as it cant find the alarm_control_panel.

Have you checked permissions?

Don’t think its permissions based, I have 777 everything inside the custom_components folder including that folder.

alarm_control_panel works without issue with the HA component so I don’t think its that

Its odd that the error shows hyphens rather than underscore in that error as you pointed out before…I cant find anywhere in the alarm code that uses hyphens so unless thats just a HA bug displaying it that way I don’t know…

try changing the name and alarmid to house

Might as well see if its the caps on FUSION causing it

It was house before, i thought changing it to something else might make a difference…clearly that didn’t work :stuck_out_tongue:

Ill try it again though, one moment…

Nope that didn’t work, even cleared my cache same error still there…

I could always do a team viewer session if that helps?

Ok seem to have it working now! :slight_smile:

I used hass --script check_config and found a few issues which I have now corrected…my own mistakes.

They weren’t bad enough to stop HA from starting but seemed to allow HA to start but was affecting the Alarm component.

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I now seem to be struggling with the MQTT portion of your alarm

I have enabled MQTT and all the option bits below

If i subscribe to the topic home/alarm I can see the messages coming through when I enable/disable the alarm via the HA web page.

I am trying now to manually publish a command to activate the alarm via MQTT. If I publish to the topic and send one of the ARM commands nothing happens

i.e - mosquitto_pub -u USERNAME -P PASSWORD -t home/alarm/set -m “ARM_HOME”

uncomment (remove hash) line 519 in “bwalarm.py”

#_LOGGER.warning("[ALARM] MQTT Topic: %s Payload: %s", topic, payload)

then restart HA and rerun the command. Check your log to see if the MQTT payload/topic is received