Z-wave aeotec z-stick 7 not secure

Yep, that one has the same firmware as your screenshot. But still, no S0 support.

Then I will consider getting my money back. This is false advertising. The resellers website clearly states s0 compatibility.

I would suggest looking for devices that support S2 then.

What is the benefit of encrypted z-wave vs. risk of not encrypting?
My understanding is that the network can not be tampered with in either case, but the data packages can be tampered with if no encryption is used. Also an unencrypted node does not expose any other encrypted nodes on the network.

BTW i tried to add a device that does support s0 (aeotec multisensor FW 1.15), and it still shows up as not secure. Tried both legacy and prefer secure method. It is called node 7 in the logs below.

Did you read the manual on the proper procedure to include it securely?

So I did follow the included instruction, but that did not cover the secure inclusion method for that device. For the multisensor e.g. i found out that you need to klick the action button twice instead of once (through another forum) in order to initiate secure inclusion and it does indeed show up as secure in HA!

Next i need to figure out how to include the cleverio devices securely. I have a cleverio smart plug that supports S2, but again no instruction on how to include it securely.

However that is a different topic i suppose.

Thanks for all the help, links and pointer!

Not all devices require a special procedure to include securely. You probably just include it as the manual says. It says it supports S2 Unauthenticated, so just try using the default inclusion.

Just got it to connect using S2. I had given up and started adding all devices to a new network from scratch without encryption. Now the plug asked to be added using S2 in HA. So that worked. However S0 with the multisensor never really finished the interview process for some reason.