Z-wave momentary switch to dim Philips Hue bulbs

Hi there,

I’m going with a combination of z-wave dimmer switches ( Aeotec Nano Dimmer - https://aeotec.com/z-wave-light-dimmer-switch ) and Philips Hue bulbs.

Z-wave will generally control the main big light with multiple bulbs in, and the Philips Hue bulbs will be for feature lighting.

I have the Philips Hue bulbs, but don’t have any z-wave kit yet, hence the question…

The Aeotec Nano Dimmer is connected to the load and also has two switch contacts. The main idea is let S1 (switch 1) control the main z-wave connected load, and use S2 to control the Philips Hue bulbs.

I imagine getting basic ON/OFF controls to work with S2 in momentary mode, and HA handling the toggle, will be easy.

My question is: Can the Aeotec Nano Dimmer and HA handle a long press of the momentary switch and have that translate into a continuous DIM UP/DOWN command to the Philips Hue bulbs?

If no, any ideas on a solution?

Thanks,

Steve

1 Like

I made a topic here: How to use secondary input (S2) from dimmer to trigger Hue light

That as I understand your question is the same. I haven’t found a solution so far. Seems like Fibaro is a better match in that case.

Cheers.

Yes I’ve found through reading through the manuals that the Fibaro offers better scene support, including single click, double click, (triple click?), press and release.