Z-wave not updating states after trying to remove dead node

EDIT: Hmm, seems that another reboot fixed it. Except for that the dead wall plug still remains.

My Z-wave devices are no longer updating their state in Home Assistant. I can control lights so they are not completely dead.

Some background:
I have a Fibaro Wall Plug that won’t connect to the Z-wave network and lights up red for a few seconds when connected to wall. I had another one do the same previously. That one I fixed by resetting and adding to Home Assistant. It picked up the same node id and entity id so everything just worked. I tried the same with the new one but it wouldn’t get added. After a couple of tries, I went ahead and tried to do a Remove Failed Node from Z-wave Management in Home Assistant.

The result was that the dead node was not removed and now Z-wave nodes are no longer updating their states to Home Assistant. I an still flip switches and turn on lights from the UI and from AppDaemon but no nodes are being updated. I have tried rebooting, with no improvement.

System log has one of these blocks for each node during reboot:

Jul 13 00:37:12 hassbian hass[615]: 2019-07-13 00:37:12 ERROR (Dummy-23) [openzwave] Error in manager callback
Jul 13 00:37:12 hassbian hass[615]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Jul 13 00:37:12 hassbian hass[615]:   File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/openzwave/network.py", line 946, in zwcallback
Jul 13 00:37:12 hassbian hass[615]:     self._handle_group(args)
Jul 13 00:37:12 hassbian hass[615]:   File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/openzwave/network.py", line 1112, in _handle_group
Jul 13 00:37:12 hassbian hass[615]:     **{'network': self, 'node': self.nodes[args['nodeId']], 'groupidx': args['groupIdx']})
Jul 13 00:37:12 hassbian hass[615]: KeyError: 5

And one of these lines whenever the state of a node changes (a door is opened, motion sensor triggers etc):

Jul 13 09:01:32 hassbian hass[615]: 2019-07-13 09:01:32 WARNING (Dummy-23) [openzwave] Z-Wave Notification ValueChanged ({'commandClass': 'COMMAND_CLASS_METER', 'value': False, 'type': 'Bool', 'instance': 1, 'label': 'Exporting', 'genre': 'User', 'id': 720 

Any clues where to start looking?

Hmm, seems that another reboot fixed it. Except for that the dead wall plug still remains.