Z-Wave Stick on Synology DSM not showing up

Hello, I’m running Hass.io on a Synology NAS. It is installed as a Synology package (not via docker). I am trying to get it to recognize a z-wave stick. Currently, the stick does not show up in External Devices in the DSM but does appear in the “info center” under usb devices.

In order to add my z-wave configuration, what would my path be? /zwaveusbstick does not seem to be the answer.

Going to throw this out there, but a Raspberry PI is pretty cheap and more widely supported… :slight_smile:

I’m curious if anyone has gotten this to work on Synology, but also does the Synology have the horse power to support it?

Yea, just figured I had a Synology sitting around always on and it made sense as a spot to figure out how everything works. I’m pretty sure it’s powerful enough.

1 Like

You can either SSH to the Synology and use “ls -l /dev/” or try to assume it’s /dev/ttyACM0 and see what happens :slight_smile: (That’s the default path on both Synology and Raspberry)

I run HA on docker with an Aeotec ZWave stick. Regardless, the ZWave stick will show up at /dev/ttyACM0. If it doesn’t, then unplug it and plug it back in. It may be at /dev/ttyACM1 if it gets disconnected from the system and will alternate between 0 and 1 each time it’s unplugged and plugged back in.

I was looking for the same kind of information. After hours of hassle I finally found this article, which explains it in detail: https://zwaveguide.com/2020/09/28/synology-z-wave-usb-stick-usage-guide/

Hope this helps you as well.