Z-Wave ZME_UZB1 Me - USB Stick , need to have a license for HASS?


If I want to have Z-Wave multiple devices in my house, and using them through HASS.

My understanding is that I need either a Razberry or a Z-Wave ZME_UZB1 Me - USB Stick, or similar stick from Aeotec connected to a pi3 running HASS

What I do not understand is the zwave license concept: can I get the USB stick and then use HASS software without paying a license tfor z-wave, or the license is obligatory??

You don’t need a license.


I second that no license is needed. I’m using the aeotec z-stick sold here.

Thirded - if it matters - and second on buying the Aeotec.