Z-waveJS Schlage BE469ZP dead after battery change

Hey all,

I have searched the forum and google, but cannot find any issues similar to mine.

I switched from Z-wave 1.4 to Z-waveJS and it has been working fine for a few months.

The other day I went to lock my door and the lock just flashed a red x and wouldn’t lock. I figured the batteries were dead (even though they reported 49% in home assistant, whatever). So I swapped in some fresh batteries and the lock worked fine. I went about my day and noticed later that the lock was unavailable in Home Assistant. I dug into the entity and it shows dead.

I then power cycled the lock and restarted the Z-WaveJS from the supervisor. The lock was still dead. I hoped it was just a timing issue and if I left thing alone it would come back alive, since its batteried powered and all.

After a weekend of sitting, the node is still dead. I don’t want to exclude or factory reset and mess something up. I already have a dead node in Z-waveJS from a botched inclusion of the lock.

Anyone have this issue popup? I’ll say again the lock was working fine with Z-waveJS before and physically functions now, but is dead in Home Assistant.

If there are logs I can pull from my phone I can get them now, but other stuff will have to wait till after work as all home assistant connections are blocked.

Thanks!

You might have the same issue as I am.
I have the same lock and everything worked great until a few weeks ago. Then it started eating batteries like crazy. Fresh batteries would only last 2 days. This was using the deprecated Z wave. I then moved to z-Wave JS to MQTT, but that didn’t change anything. Still using up fresh batteries in 2 days. I have now disabled z-wave on the lock which have solved the battery issue and also opened a warranty claim, but I am not convinced the issue is with the lock
I am using Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5.

Thanks for the comment. My batteries are holding up fine so I don’t think that’s the issue.

I ended up factory resetting the lock and installing Z-waveJStoMQTT so I could remove the dead node and enroll the lock.

Everything is working as of last night. We will see how it holds.

1 Like