ZHA With Digi XStick

I bought a Digi XStick because it was listed as supported with Mozilla IOT, but I later found Home Assistant and I think I would like to use it. However, setting up the stick doesn’t seem to work. I checked with dmesg that the stick gets mapped to /dev/ttyUSB0 but entering that with any of the options doesn’t work. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I saw in the docs that the series 2 chips (which I think the XStick is based on) need the Coordinator firmware flashed on, but I thought the zigbee xstick had that firmware already.

EDIT: should mention I’m on a Raspberry Pi 2 with Raspbian Buster, fully updated with a fully updated hass install.

1 Like

I have this same stick, it started working around .7x or .8x but then stopped around .9x. I have not used it very much but to play around with so I have not tried to get it working again till today. I am on the newest hass.io 0.100.1 and the only thing I had to due to get working again was add the baudrate to config. In your configuration.yaml try adding

zha:
    usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB0
    baudrate: 9600
    radio_type: xbee
    database_path: /config/zigbee.db

if just running homeassistant and not the hass.io I think you have to use database_path: /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/zigbee.db

The stick should now show up as a zigbee coordinator in your integrations. if you try to add devices and the log shows errors you might have to configure so stuff on the stick through XCTU software. Sorry I am not any type of expert with this stick/zigbee, I got a raspberry pi for free when I bought this stick and had a free zigbee door and motion sensor