ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

you can map devices uses the hex values on the zha devices ieee

So tracked them down, it added 2 motion sensors and 1 door. Maybe the others have to report battery before they get added?

I renamed them, will that persist if I update the container and the zha.py file or will I have to rename the sensors each time?

can I force an update to get all the levels to show up?

wonder why these changes never got merged, they make sense

also, the two devices that show up and don’t work, have an eye icon, not battery

It’s

Samjin button
SmartThings moisturev4

They probably report the same way, just an ID issue maybe?

Got my hue dimmer switch working. But its a binary sensor with a ‘level’ attribute, which the middle buttons control. It works really well… but I was hoping to get better control over what each of the button presses did, maybe holding the button does something ect? Has anyone managed to do this with the hue dimmer on zha?
Thanks!

Not sure if this will apply to the due dimmer but I think it will. There is working being done to support zha remotes. This PR was just closed but another one will be created soon to keep working on this.

https://github.com/dmulcahey/home-assistant/tree/dm/zha-sensor-playground

If anyone is feeling brave and wants to mess around with what I’m working on…

Put the quirks directory from the first link in a folder then path to that folder (the root, not the quirks directory itself) in configuration.yaml under zha with key: device_handlers_path

Ex:

zha:
    device_handlers_path: “/Volumes/development/device_handlers”

This will allow the quirks to load just like device handlers do for the SmartThings platform. (Zigpy itself has support for the functionality. This just makes it so that it can be leveraged without Zigpy / HA releases!) Currently there is support for several Xiaomi Aqara sensors… this has the new event stuff in it too for Xiaomi buttons. I’ll be committing support for several CentraLite devices later this evening as well.

4 Likes

Awesome! Once you have the CentraLite support I will get it a whirl.

@Will_Finnigan can you unpair then repair the hue dimmer and post the log line(s) that have the device fingerprint in them? They have the endpoint / cluster info in them. They start with <SimpleDescriptor…

pushed events for centralite 3130 dimmer switch and battery support for that, and the 3326 and the 3320 (motion and contact sensor). I’ll push the water leak sensor tomorrow and support for the osram version of the Centralite dimmer.

1 Like

Ok mine is the osram version of the switch so I guess I will have to wait until you push those.

actually, looks like the device fingerprint matches the CentraLite one. It should just work with what is already there.

Ok I can give it a try. Do all I need to do is copy the quirks directory and then put the “device_handlers_path:” under my zha config or is their more I need to copy from your home-assistant fork as well?

Pardon my stupidity but it seems to easy…

u need the zha component from that branch.

2 Likes

Just want to update. I have applied the updates that dmulcahey provided and the work great using my Osram dimmer switch!

Looks like you have made some extension changes, is there a plan to roll this back into the base?

Yes. Working on that soon

1 Like

I rolled your battery change over to my smartthings multisensors. I have the battery sensor showing up, but I don’t seem to be getting any updates. Well one of them has updated, but the others are showing up as unknown.

If the clusters weren’t bound before you’ll have to un-pair and re-pair the device(s) to make them report on new clusters

1 Like

Thanks! I reset one device and that fixed things. I still have another 10 to go, is there a way to do this without removing/adding the device?

You can try commenting out line 61 here:

For a single boot of HA. You may see a bunch of safe read errors… you may not. But that’s your best bet if you want to not have to repair the sensors.

1 Like