Zigbee ikea pairing questions

So i finaly got my conbee 2 up and running in docker, seems quite nice.

I have some questions regarding pairing ikea devices like the led driver and on/off switch. I currently have paired the led driver directly with conbee zha and it works great, now i want to pair a on/off switch directly to the led driver, not to the conbee, my mission is to have a on/off switch talking with the driver without the need for a controller.

It seems i have a hard time pairing anything to the driver after its paired to the controller, is this intended behavior?

If i pair the switch to the conbee network by using the pair via this device, is it directly paired to the led driver then?

I don’t know how it technically works with deconz, but the correct procedure is to pair both to the coordinator (your stick) and then use binding to bind your ikea on.off switch to your ikea led driver. Then the on/off switch can control the led without using the coordinator.

Thank you for your information, this is what i was aoundering about and it seems this is the correct way.

Have a nice day!

It seems that it is not straight forword to use binding. Iam trying to bind the ikea on/off switch to the leddriver through zha and it will not work.

Is the binding function working at all? Iam using device binding, not groups.

If you are using the Ikea E1743, that switch can not be bound to a device (hardware limitation), only to one group. I created a Zigbee group with one bulb to make it bind successfully.

Yes, that is the switch i tried using, so its a limitation.

I can give the group binding a go and see