Tube's ZB Coordinators and Routers (was Zigbee router on steroids?)

Perfect! Thank you! That should work nicely.

Quality Control check time… fresh from the oven.

8 Likes

Let us know when we can buy one of these puppies.

1 Like

I’ll post here, but I also added an email subscription to the store,and I’ll email that list when stocks available. https://tubeszb.com

I just posted another small batch, only a few remain - I gave those who signed up for emails a head start.

This will be the last stock I have for a bit. Out of my initial stock of the zigbee modules. In talks with the manufacturer to get a larger quantity, but they are only just ramping up production now following the Chinese New Year. I’ll know more on timing next week.

3 Likes

if anyone is looking for a coordinator, I have 5 4 2 - 0 in stock. out of stock for next few weeks. some coordinators based on the EFR32 radio in a few days hopefully.

2 Likes

I wish you released this back in December before I migrated from the Nortek stick to the Conbee2.

Just out of curiousity though…how does this work with ZHA? I thought the coordinator needed to be directly attached to the Hassio box (ie usb) for it to work with ZHA.

Nevermind…just noticed the “Documentation” link with all the needed details.

1 Like

Since ZHA is based on python stack of libs, the underlying libraries all use pyserial for interfacing with the serial devices. Last summer when the Sonoff Wifi bridge came out I dug into this, and discovered that pyserial natively supported networked serial ports. I just didn’t like the sonoff for relying on WifI for a connection that needs to be up all the time.

in ZHA you just manually specify the device as socket://host:port and it works!

I see you edit, but will leave this for the history lol

1 Like

I know I could probably get his info via google but I prefer to ask SME’s (and I’m lazy :wink: )
What are the real world benefits you have seen with using your coordinator with the CC2652 module over older sticks like the Nortek or Conbee2? I can guess that at a minimum it would give much better range (antenna) and probably a lot more directly connected devices.

the 2 that motivated me:

keep my HA box in a closet or back corner of my house/basement and more centrally locate the coordinator. also could locate it away from RF from servers etc.

seeing all the trouble folks had with USB passthrough with sticks when using HA with a VM platform. this eliminates the trouble.

4 Likes

What’s the difference between the cc2652p2 and the cc2652r chips? Pardon my ignorance I tried researching online and couldn’t find a comparison

Did you ever get a chance to test the Xiaomi devices against this - would certainly be interested if it works reliably with those.

the p2 has a built in power amplifier that’s the difference, otherwise it’s the same radio chipset.

I’ve been beta testing this gateway for a few weeks with 40+ aqara sensors with zero issues.

3 Likes

Look what I got in the mail today.

My zigbee is ready! :clap:

4 Likes

@tube0013
What (if any) power supply is provided with your Coordinator? I live in the UK so a US or EU power supply would not be suitable. On a related topic does it support PoE or have you considered adding this?

I don’t supply a power supply. but the router and the coordinators are supplied power via a 5v micro USB connection. so any 5v USB charger/power supply will work.

I’ve looked at the available POE boards. and the cost would increase greatly, and I was also concerned about the availability of pins for the UART connect to the zigbee module when I was looking into them.

@tube0013
Thanks, great I have plenty of USB chargers.

I agree if PoE is going to bump the cost up it is not worth doing. It would be possible to use a PoE extractor to convert it to USB but that would be an extra cost, I have done this in business environments though where the cost could be justified.

For the benefit of everyone else, the beauty of Zigbee is that it is a global wireless standard unlike Z-Wave so the same product will work in the US, UK and anywhere.

3 Likes

LONELY ! :musical_note:
I’m so LONELY ! :musical_note:

The Tubester is a shy one at the moment, but I know he’ll make some friends real soon.

1 Like

yea, the map will update every 2-4 hours I think but default. you’ll likely see routers connect to it before any endpoints - they don’t really move to a new parent if they don’t have a reason too.