Zigbee Stick C22531 keeps Disconnecting / Crashing with zigbee2mqtt

Hey there,

i set up zigbee2mqtt with a tradfri remote control and one C22531 Stick and in the beginning it seems to work how intended. However it keeps crashing after a few hours. (Usually over night and it’s visible through the green led light of the stick turning off)

Here’s the log from zigbee2mqtt:

(node:1779) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 204)
(node:1779) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: SREQ '--> AF - dataRequestExt - {"dstaddrmode":2,"dstaddr":"0x000000000000fffd","destendpoint":242,"dstpanid":0,"srcendpoint":242,"clusterid":33,"transid":41,"options":0,"radius":30,"len":6,"data":{"type":"Buffer","data":[25,238,2,11,254,0]}}' failed with status '(0x02: INVALID_PARAM)' (expected '(0x00: SUCCESS)')
    at Znp.<anonymous> (/zigbee2mqtt-1.16.2/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/dist/adapter/z-stack/znp/znp.js:291:27)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at fulfilled (/zigbee2mqtt-1.16.2/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/dist/adapter/z-stack/znp/znp.js:24:58)

I am not sure if I need to flash my Zigbee Stick. Is there any way to do this without soldering and an additional raspberry pi or buying additional hardware? How often do these Sticks need to be updated?

You can do it with a Pi without soldering, you just need to bend the pins on your Dupont cables.

Easiest way to flash is a CC-debugger, but yes, that is additional hardware.

If you have not flashed before, I guess you bought the Sonoff CC2531 ? That has old firmware that does not work well with Tradfri.