Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

“Retain IEEE address…” box was unchecked, but everything works fine.

Looks like it makes no difference, if check or uncheck that box. @Koenkk could you enlighten us/me?

See https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt.io/pull/29#issuecomment-470254897

ok, so this means, it makes no difference right?

yes, I didn’t see a difference yet.

2 Likes

@Koenkk, thanks for great and useful (hate see my data going to China via his gateways) add on, but I have trouble installing it on hass.io + RPi 3B+: Can’t install dwelch2101/zigbee2mqtt-armv7:1.1.1 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found (“pull access denied for dwelch2101/zigbee2mqtt-armv7, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’”)

Detailed log:

19-03-08 19:00:10 INFO (SyncWorker_12) [hassio.docker.interface] Pull image dwelch2101/zigbee2mqtt-armv7 tag 1.1.1.
19-03-08 19:00:12 ERROR (SyncWorker_12) [hassio.docker.interface] Can’t install dwelch2101/zigbee2mqtt-armv7:1.1.1 → 404 Client Error: Not Found (“pull access denied for dwelch2101/zigbee2mqtt-armv7, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’”).

Any ideas what is wrong?

EDIT: Similar topic: Error while trying to install zigbee2mqtt on Hassio

@frenck already created pull request with the fix: https://github.com/danielwelch/hassio-zigbee2mqtt/pull/124 :slight_smile:

Hi
is there a way to show in the front end the current zigbee2mqtt installed version and the latest version available ?

Hey, how can I add the retain flag to an auto discovered lamp?
Problem is, in the last days it often looses connection and turns on in the middle of the night when reconnecting to the broker. Also the state is inconsistent in HA when this happens.

Yes, there is. This is what I have. The command line sensor checks what version is installed, the rest reads the current version available, then I have a template sensor to combine the 2. It tells me what’s installed, but if a new version is available, it tells me “Update Available x.x.x”.

The icon template doesn’t seem to be working it the moment and I haven’t had a chance to work it out.

sensor:
  - platform: command_line
    name: zigbee2mqtt_installed_version
    command: 'cat /opt/zigbee2mqtt/package.json'
    value_template: '{{ value_json.version }}'
    scan_interval: 3600

- platform: rest
    name: zigbee2mqtt_github_version
    resource: 'https://api.github.com/repos/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/releases/latest'
    headers:
      accept: application/vnd.github.v3+json
      content-type: application/json
      user-agent: home-assistant/rest-sensor
      Authorization: !secret github_header_token
    value_template: >-
      {{ value_json.tag_name }}
    scan_interval: 360

- platform: template
    sensors:
      zigbee2mqtt_version:
        entity_id: 
          - sensor.zigbee2mqtt_github_version
          - sensor.zigbee2mqtt_installed_version
        friendly_name: Version
        value_template: "{%- if states.sensor.zigbee2mqtt_installed_version.state == states.sensor.zigbee2mqtt_github_version.state -%}{{states.sensor.zigbee2mqtt_installed_version.state}} {% else %}Update Available {{states.sensor.zigbee2mqtt_github_version.state}} {% endif%}"
        icon_template: >-
          {% if states.sensor.zigbee_installed_version.state == states.sensor.zigbee_github_version.state %}
            mdi:checkbox-marked
          {% else %}
            mdi:checkbox-blank-outline
          {% endif %}
2 Likes

thanks a lot !

I have some xiaomi contact sensors and a few tradfri items working nicely with zigbee2mqtt (thanks for all your hard work). I’m having trouble with a xiaomi aqara human body sensor (RTCGQ11LM). I can pair it and see it in HA, but it seems to stay in a constant state (as if it is floating). For example at 3am ish in an empty room it will change to occupied for several hours. The blue LED also doesn’t flash on movement. Does anyone have any ideas?

I don’t think the blue led is supposed to blink when occupied, mine doesn’t do that either. So this should be fine.

Did you check the link quality. I once had a sensor that did not change it’s state, although it should have and this was because of a bad connection (linkquality 0 or max. 1).
What still would be strange here, is that it changes it’s state in the middle of the night when no one is there. That cannot be explained by bad connection.

Thanks h4nc - good to know about the led.
linkstate is good (I tried it next to the stick too)
I have just turned it so the grey ring is up (I read this in another post) and it seems to be behaving for now. I also added Qos 1 to the config, so I’m not sure which has helped.

I’ll have to see whether it remains stable.

Thanks for the input

Just want to note that mine stand with the grey ring facing down and work fine.

good to know - i’ll try to invert after a longer test of the status quo

Another random question:

I would like to alter the transition time on an Ikea Tradfri GU10 bulb (LED1650R5). Is this possible?
how do I do this?
does it go under devices in the zigbee2mqtt/configuration.yaml
e.g.

devices:
    'some device id':
    friendly_name: 'tradfri bulb'
    retain: true
    qos: 1
    homeassistant:
      transition: 5

You have to use transition in an automation or a script. You can’t set it in the zigbee2mqtt config.

Thanks - I wondered that. I was hoping to have a generic transition so I didn’t need to specify it in each automation/script

I updated everything and now Zigbee2MQTT supports multiple clicks for the Hue Dimmer buttons.

While I love having the ability to assign multiple functions to a single button, I prefer having lightning fast response times that are now gone with this update because it has to determine whether the press is single or multiple.

Is there a way to also send an instant command like on-press-instant or something like that? it could just be ignored by people using other presses and would bring back the quickness for me and others who want it.