Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

1. The spinlock/device is already in network is normal for Tradfri bulbs, this will be hidden in the next release of zigbee2mqtt.

2. I haven’t had this issue so far, but this indeed sounds like some interference/range issue.

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding #1, will the update also stop the Tradfri lights from blinking?

And regarding #2, will it be possible to change the channel of the zigbee devices to something other than channel 11?

Hi all. Not sure if I’m being stupid but in the getting started guide it advises to “Download the firmware CC2531ZNP-Prod.hex”. What does that actually mean? Save that file?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question…

It’s a link to a section where you download the firmware. Are you not seeing the hyperlink?

https://github.com/Koenkk/Z-Stack-firmware/tree/master/coordinator/CC2531/bin

I get to CC2531ZNP-Prod.hex, do I simply save that file locally? I have tried that and get this error when trying to flash:

Could not open specified HEX file

It will be because you’ve probably downloaded it as HTML. You should just download the master repo, unzip that and use the file in there.

Cool I’ll try that @talondnb, thanks for the suggestion

No probs!

https://github.com/Koenkk/Z-Stack-firmware/archive/master.zip

:slight_smile:

Sorry I feel like I’m spamming this thread, but I need some help again.

I’m trying to connect a TRADFRI RGB E27 bulb to the stick, but I keep getting this:

Cannot get the Node Descriptor of the Device: 0x000b57fffecb6614 (Error: Timed out after 10000 ms)

All my other lights seem to work fine, just this specific RGB one. I see it’s under the supported devices list, but I can’t seem to get it to connect even after resetting it a few times.

Thanks in advance and sorry for populating this thread.

1. no (just cosmetic)
  2. yes, see https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/wiki/Configuration

My CC Debugger finally arrived yesterday (everything else was here allready for a while). Got everything working.
Im using a xiaomi plug as a router atm, but im not sure if it is working correctly as im having problems with my water leakage detector in the next room (behind the washing maschine).
Is there a way to see if an enddevice is connected directly to the usb stick or through a router?
Maybe i just have to add another router in this room.

@talondnb I got it working!!! Cheers pal

Want to start with replacement of the Xiaomi Gateway for a more native Zigbee solution. What is the best choice for now after a lot of Development? Deconz Conbee USB with the restapi docker image and component integration in HA? Or direct ZHA with the HUSBZB-1 usb stick? Or with the Zigbee2MQTT solution?
Which one has the best range of device support?
Would like Hue, Tradfri, Xiaomi support.

Zigbee2MQTT option wokred better for me

Zigbee2mqtt is the only fully open source option afaict.

@nickrout @stratplayer
Thanks for the suggestion. What about device support? Does is differs from each other?

I am not clear on that. this is the point where you might need to do some reading. :wink:

Start here:

I have got an ZHA USB stick to control some of my devices (Smartthings), but I find it is unreliable in terms of stability and the support is just not there for many things. For example my motion sensor (which has temperature and other things) is only supported as a Active/Inactive device.

The zigbee2mqtt stack in comparison never lets me down and has been running without fail for a month or so now. It has great support and is a cheaper option costing only $20 (less if you have a friend with the programmer etc). The way you add devices in ZHA isn’t as friendly as the logs in Zigbee2mqtt either. Neither are expensive so you could always get both, but my preference is zigbee2mqtt for sure. If someone created a shepard (their terminology) for Smartthings devices it would be king :slight_smile: It supports IKEA, Xiaomi etc etc… good luck

Hello guys! Incredible work and amazing people here! Thank you all for sharing!

I’ve just migrated from the Xiaomi GW to the ZigBee2MQTT system and still learning how to make it as stable as possible. I am using Hassio with the original addon. All devices are paired and configured in HA.

My question is: every time I restart HA, my broker receives the last MQTT message from all wireless switches, very annoying. Is it a problem with the retain flag somewhere? I have the addon config set to “false” on all devices. Also using “qos1” on everything.

Thanks a lot!