Zone/room temperature control panel with display and temp sensor

Hoping for some suggestions here - what I’d like to do with Home Assistant is turn my ducted aircon into a much smarter system where i can set the temperature in each room (zone) - rather than just have it set at a single point in the house and other rooms end up with whatever they get. To achieve this I want to install an attractive wall mounted control panel in each room which will display the current room temp and have an on/off switch and temp up/down buttons to allow room zone to be turned on and temp set point adjusted. I need to be able to query this sensor to read this state info. I’m having trouble finding something suitable though - the ones I’ve found seem to be really complex with scheduling and full ability to control a HVAC zone damper etc. I don’t need or want any smarts in it as it’ll just get in the way of what I’m trying to implement and it ends up making them too expensive given I’ll probably need about 5 of them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

How about this and any wall mounted display capable of displaying the HA webpage (e.g. cheap android tablets)?