Zooz Z-wave Dimmer Scenes

Has anyone gotten scene triggers to work from their zooz light switch? I have the dimmer one (ZEN27).

I’ve successfully gotten inovelli to work, but not this one. I’m running the latest home assistant and have successfully added the devices to home assistant.

Thanks!
Flyingsubs

Figured it out, posting the answer in case anyone sees this post. Some reason didn’t see this in the docs.

Need to update this section in your zwave config. Make sure you turn off home assistant, then update this file and then turn home assistant back on.

<CommandClass id="91" name="COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE" version="1" request_flags="4" innif="true" scenecount="0">
	<Instance index="1" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="0" label="Scene Count" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="2" />
	<Value type="int" genre="user" instance="1" index="1" label="Bottom Button Scene" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="3" />
	<Value type="int" genre="user" instance="1" index="2" label="Top Button Scene" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="3" />
</CommandClass>

I’m looking into setting up scenes for my ZEN22/27 switches and I’m wondering, from your experience, how the scenes are then used in HA? What I’m trying to do is make it so that if tapped on once, it acts as normal and my Node Red flow for automatically turning it off applies. If double tapped, it will stay on until it’s turned off. I can handle the logic in Node Red, but I’m wondering what the scenes are represented as.

I’ve never modified the zcfg file before, so I’m a little lost on that right now as well, but I think I’ll figure that out, unless you have any advice. :slight_smile:

First you need to modify your zcfg so that home assistant can interpret the different scenes. I would check our the previous post and read through the link for your switch. You need to replace a section which adds the ability for scenes. Once you have that set up, you need to set up an automation for the scene I can share code that was shared to me when setting it up.

It took me a bit of time to figure out that the ZWave Network needed to be stopped in order to make changes to the config file. After that, I made my changes, created automations, and it works great! Single tap to turn on and have my motion sensors turn it off as needed, and a double tap to keep it on until turned off manually!

Glad you got it working!! I like your idea of double tap no motion off. Let me know if you need any other help!

I also have a ZEN27. Firmware 2.07
I believe I have made all the changes to my zcfg file needed: COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION and COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE
When I watch for the zwave.scene_activated event, I see nothing.

What step am I missing? I’d like to see your automation code, if you are willing to share.
Thanks!

Did you make sure to stop home assistant before making the change? If you don’t you changes get reverted

I stopped the Z-wave network before making the changes, but not Home Assistant. I am running it in HassOS, and accessing the zcfg file through samba. If I stop Home Assistant completely, I won’t be able to access the file.
However, after stopping the Z-wave network, making the changes, and restarting it (and also restarting Hass), the portions I added are unchanged.