Zwave.js - zwave.js.set_config_parameter and SoundSwitch Command Class

First of all, thank to you all the developers involved with the zwave.js project. Very impressed with the speed and rapid progress :raised_hands:

I do have an Aeotec Doorbell 6 and I was able to set the tone and volume using the zwavejs2mqtt UI

I would like to be able to control the same using the zwave.js.set_config_parameter service to configure the volume / tone of the doorbell (SoundSwitch Command Class), but all my attempts have remained unsuccessful.

Is this currently supported by the zwave.js.set_config_parameter ?

Thanks!

zwave.set_config_parameter is used to set Configuration parameters (specifically values for the Configuration Command Class), not Sound Switch CC. HA does not support Sound Switch yet. Your best option at this time would be to enable the MQTT gateway and use MQTT commands.

Thank you @freshcoast for your answer. I’ll give it a try. I think I found the relevant documentation : https://zwave-js.github.io/zwavejs2mqtt/#/guide/mqtt?id=apis but it doesn’t seem straight-forward (to me at least) :slight_smile:

Do you have any experience using the sendCommand API ?

I don’t, but you don’t want to use sendCommand API, you want to set the value. All you have to do is find the topic of the value (easiest to use MQTT explorer), append /set to that topic, and publish that topic with the value you want to set.

Thanks a lot for the pointer @freshcoast

I starting using HA about a month ago. I have incorporated zwavejs and it is finally working well. I hear a lot about incorporating zwavejs2mqtt. There are numerous advantages, but i don’t hear any disadvantages. Are there any? Does it expose my zwave to the cloud? Does it slow down the reaction time?