Zwave Neo Coolcam Light Switch

Hello Everyone, I have finally got a RPI and started experimenting with the home assistant. I got a neo coolcam switch and an Aeotec Gen 5 z wave stick which i managed to pair successfuly and load them on home assistant. the switch is operating fine with the preset switches when set up however i am trying to activate the switches via a script and a timer. the timer is triggering correclty but for some reason i am not able to change the state of the switch. I am not sure if i’m using the right code. I am trying to switch it on as per below

script:
Light:
sequence:
- service: light.turn_on
entity_id: switch.neo_coolcam_wall_switch_2_channels_switch
- service: homeassistant.turn_off
can any one help please?

Has any one any sample code controlling such switched please?

I think you’re on the right way, but it seems like you’re switching the light both on and off in one script, which would explain why nothing is happening.

I think you need to have 2 scripts:

Light:
  sequence:
  - service: homeassistant.turn_on

Light:
  sequence:
    - service: homeassistant.turn_on

But if all you want to do is switch one light on or off, you don’t even need a sequence or a script, you could just create a automation, something like this:

- alias: turn my light on
  trigger:
    platform: time
    at: '15:32:00'
   action:
     service: homeassistant.turn_on

Agree - an automation should work fine for you unless you have bigger plans we don’t know about :slight_smile:

Also, I noticed in your original script you use the light.turn_on service with a switch entity. This doesn’t work in my experience - you need to use switch.turn_on with switches, and light.turn_on with lights.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies,

I tried the switch.turn_on and even homeassistant the issue is that the script is working fine when calling switch ports on the RPI however when i call that particular switch it is not working.

I bought a neo coolcam double pole switch. when i paired the device to my Zwave Usb stick it worked fine and 3 switches appeared on my front end. I have checked their entity ID and for my surprise it seems that all three have an old and new entitiy ID with the old being different from each other and the new all identical to each other. Now im thinking that this is the main problem but i have not found any way around it yet. Will try to post some photos when i arrive home.

Thanks
Jurgen

Guys managed to find the culprit haha, the code was good the issue was with the entity_id’s. i had an entity_register.yaml file created once i set up the zwave configuration which was overriding all my entity_id renaming. changed the names in the file and everything worked like a charm.

Do any of you have these neo coolcam switches, i am trying now to use the zwave panel to do the associations between the switches to create a 3 way switch. i kno wthere is the option to do it with code but since the association thing exists i was trying to get it going but it seems that nothing happens haha.

thanks

If anyone could give me advice on how to add my first Neo Coolcam 2 button light switch into my system, it would be very much appreciated.
I have tried the “Add Node” function in the ZWave configuration page, and then pressed one of the buttons on the coolcam 3x in 1.5s. I get the lights to flash red, but the device does not get added to HA.