polling_intensity: 1
      refresh_value: true

light.master_sink:

light.master_can:

The first 7 lights honor polling_intesity and refresh_value. I added the last 3 and they are not honoring these values.

I’m not sure why they arn’t honoring the values.

Things to note:

1. These are the first devices that I’ve added AFTER entity registry was implemented. They were not originally named correctly, I had to edit the registry.

2. I believe these are a newer generation of GE Dimmers (Jasco). The first 6 are model 12724. The 7th is model 14294, and the remaining 3 (non-honoring) are model 14294.

I need to adjust the polling frequency so the devices work properly in the UI, without a good polling fequency, these dimmers behave horribly. They never turn on fully or off fully.

Is there some new configuration? I cannot locate the documentation on zwave config that covers device_config.

EDIT: Actually

Sorry this response is minimally helpful, but I have not renamed any devices and this is my current config and everything is working as expected. I run .59.2 of HA on virtual env.

light.linear_lb60z1_dimmable_led_light_bulb_level_18_0:
  ignored: false
light.linear_wd500z1_wall_dimmer_switch_level_25_0:
light.linear_wd500z1_wall_dimmer_switch_level_6_0:
light.linear_wd500z1_wall_dimmer_switch_level_8_0:
switch.ge_unknown_type4952_id3033_switch_13_0:
  polling_intensity: 2
switch.ge_unknown_type4952_id3033_switch_24_0:
light.ge_unknown_type4944_id3033_level_15_0:
switch.ge_unknown_type4952_id3033_switch_17_0:
  polling_intensity: 2
sensor.everspring_st812_flood_detector_flood_19_5:
sensor.everspring_st812_flood_detector_flood_21_5:
sensor.everspring_st812_flood_detector_flood_22_5:
switch.ge_12722_onoff_relay_switch_switch_10_0:

Yeah, I’ve determined my problem is that polling_intensity is being ignored in ~0.63+. Not sure what changed, I may attempt to debug into it at a later date.

1 Like

I’m seeing the same thing. Calling the zwave.set_poll_intensity service does work, I think because the service calls the underlying OpenZWave API call to enable polling, whereas the OZW API call is not getting called when HA reads in the zwave device config.

I can only offer an anecdotal data point, but on the 0.66.1 I’m using, the poll_intensity seems to work; I use the z-wave config panel to set it to “1”, click save, and I see it getting saved into my “zwave_device_config.yaml” file and also showing up in the ozw cache file. After a restart, it seems to get picked up correctly and chugs along as expected. I didn’t try to simply edit the device config file alone though.

I have to note though - while the z-wave device config yaml file was created automatically when I clicked save, HASS seemed to fail to notice that I already had a z-wave device config file called simply “zwave.yaml” included in my “config.yaml” under z-wave, and the new “zwave_device_config.yaml” was not added to the config file either; I simply ended up copying my stuff over into the new file and including it instead of my original “zwave.yaml” which I deleted. Other than that, It did work though…