Zwavejs2mqtt --> result in 2 x Z-Wave JS integrations?

Hi Everyone

I just insatlled Zwave to home assistant and the timing was great, because we now have a new integration! :slight_smile:

My only problem is that I need the “zwavejs2mqtt” to support troublesome devices!
And HA kept nagging me to install Zwave-JS even if it was already installed?

Resulting in this:

One where all my devices is included from the "zwavejs2mqtt " and the other one just empty
If I remove it then HA will keep nagging me to add it again and there is no “Ignore” button available

Anyway to remove it?

How did you install zwavejs2mqtt? add-on or standalone container?

What do you mean “HA kept nagging” you? where is it nagging you?

I use both a supervised install and a Container install and neither of them have ever popped up a “discovered new devices” notification for zwavejs.

I installed Z-wave JS as integration add-ons and during install
image I then selected Z-wave JS and selected the Zwavejs2mqtt to port 3100 and everything worked!
Than after a reboot I started to get this:
(No ignore button)
while still having this:

Could it be a configuration issue? I needed to change port to 3100!

did you ever uninstall the zwavejs (not mqtt) add-on?

I only installed these two they go together right?
Looking at the confik folder I can see these 3 files?
zwcfg_0xc35d9852.xml
zwscene.xml
OZW_Log.txt

Anything I need to delete since it keep wanting to install an extra integration Z-wave-js?

Sorry but I’m still not sure I understand what you did…

These three files are from the original (now being deprecated) zwave 1.4 integration.

So now the next questions are…

Did you ever install the zwavejs add-on?

Did you install the zwavejs2mqtt add-on?

If so before you installed the zwavejs2mqtt add-on did you remove the zwavejs add-on?

Before any of those actions above did you either remove the deprecated zwave integration or at least stop that network?

No but I did by mistake set the z-wave in my configuration file, so if that causes some installation then yes?

zwave:
usb_path: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_0200-if00
network_key: “0xb7, …”

I removed the z-wave info from the configuration file and installed:

1. zwavejs2mqtt
  2. The Z-wave JS and pointed this to the ws: port 3100 for the above zwavejs2mqtt

I only know “zwavejs” from the UI stated here:

Is this a separate plugin?

I will try to delete the 3 files and see what happens :slight_smile:

you don’t need to delete those files. and if you did it wouldn’t help.

you just need to delete the old zwave integration from the integrations page.

that page in the screenshot comes from the zwavejs2mqtt add-on. It adds a zwavejs server when you install it.

Again I’m not sure why yours asks you to configure another zwavejs integration. Mine didn’t ask to configure.

Maybe it’s because I don’t run a supervised installation.

If it were me I would just ignore the discovery pop up when it asks you to configure the second one. I know you can’t officially ignore it with an ignore button but you can’t still just ignore it. It won’t hurt anything.

And you could (should) submit a bug report on it because one way or another it doesn’t seem to be acting right.

1 Like

Yes I have reported this… No matter what I do I get the two:

1 Like