Zy-m100 tuya small radar - can this be locally controlled by just zigbee or flashing?

can this be controlled by zigbee without tuya hub or tuya local, like straight through zigbee? does it need to be flashed to do so?

Yes, this seems to be supported by ZigBee2mqtt, so you can use one of the supported coordinators

Did you already test it?
Because in Z2Mqtt i could only find the

• TuYa TS0601_smart_human_presense_sensor

• TuYa MIR-HE200-TY

But they look different then the Zy-m100 from Aliexpress
Aa3208ebf646e42fb98c5c7fb2f3ad353B

and besides this, i can find the TuYa MIR-HE200-TY only on
https://expo.tuya.com/smart/sensors/protection-sensor/occupancy---vacancy-sensor/CT9cn94ki9rh36-CT9cn9la1lzi8j-CT9cndvh3x4xle

where you have to buy at least 200 sensors …

it is very straightforward to include support of new devices or sub brands into ZigBee2mqtt.

Most of these devices identical but echoing a different model number.

Even though, if it is not fully supported, we can come up our own converter very quickly, takes less than an hour.

Edit: one example i am using at home: https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/13460

1 Like

I’ll play with it next week probably, I got it to recognize but the sensor kept going off when moved like it should then never resetting until power cycle, then the GD argon case started overheating… had to swap to a new m.2 it corrupted everything… restoring from backup as we speak.

But how did you destroy your SSD with this?

It just kept corrupting and it got so hot the sticker on the SSD just fell off and discolored.
<^> the pi I put HA on a $100 lenovo i5 small form factor and I have no problems now at all, zwave, z2mqtt etc… everything is working perfect.

It finally all synced up and the small one comes up as a TuYa TS0601_smart_human_presense_sensor, it work great I am probably going to buy one for each room.

1 Like

The wall mount version has the same features

Do you get all of those properties immediately using ZigBee2mqtt?

I only get the following in ZHA

1 Like

I did a review of the wall mount wi-fi version with a chip swap to install custom local firmware

3 Likes

how did you manage to connect it to zigbee2mqtt? I am trying to connect it however I get the following errors:

Debug 2022-11-17 19:13:21Received MQTT message on 'homeassistant/sensor/0xdc8e95fffe4dc3dd/tumble_switch/config' with data '{"availability":[{"topic":"zigbee2mqtt/bridge/state"},{"topic":"zigbee2mqtt/0xdc8e95fffe4dc3dd/availability"}],"availability_mode":"all","device":{"identifiers":["zigbee2mqtt_0xdc8e95fffe4dc3dd"],"manufacturer":"TuYa","model":"Human presence sensor with fall function (MIR-HE200-TY)","name":"0xdc8e95fffe4dc3dd"},"enabled_by_default":false,"json_attributes_topic":"zigbee2mqtt/0xdc8e95fffe4dc3dd","name":"0xdc8e95fffe4dc3dd tumble switch","state_topic":"zigbee2mqtt/0xdc8e95fffe4dc3dd","unique_id":"0xdc8e95fffe4dc3dd_tumble_switch_zigbee2mqtt","value_template":"{{ value_json.tumble_switch }}"}'
Debug 2022-11-17 19:13:21Received MQTT message on 'homeassistant/select/0xdc8e95fffe4dc3dd/tumble_switch/config' with data '{"availability":[{"topic":"zigbee2mqtt/bridge/state"},

I am also running the latest zigbee2mqtt version.

@blakadder Thanks for your detailed review. In your testing does it go through walls? I don’t think I saw anything mentioned about walls in your review.

Walls are a very different thing depending on country. It goes through thin objects like room dors, furniture and drywall but can’t penetrate my 30cm thick brick walls. Your walls might be different.

Same here.

Hey @frenck, sorry to bother you. Do you know if is it possible to have the same features for this device in ZHA like it does in ZigBee2mqtt? Is anyone working on it? :smiley:

3 Likes

Im using zha. And only got the occupancy Sensor. Is it not possible to change the sensitivity for the sensor?

i am trying to get this work with deconz. in the deconz ui everything seems to be ok, but in home assistant for some reason it looks like a smart switch. any idea what is wrong?

1 Like

Hello

Im still a total noob when it comes to zigbee2mqtt could someone please tell me how to connect the sensor (wall model version zy m-100) in this post please.
I have put it in pair mode and it is seen in zigbee2mqtt but as an unreconised device.
it is showing as model:T0601 manufacturer:_TZE204_sxm7l9xa
Im really strugglin with creating a external converter.
any help is much appreciated.

Many Thanks

I have since found the tuya.js file with my device listed, when i add the .js file next to the config yaml and add it into the config yaml zigbee2mqtt will no longer start with the issue “cannot find module /lib/exposes”

For me is impossible to configure the zigbee version with zigbee integration, the system detect and add the sensor, but no entirely:

Any help about this?.

Thanks,

Jose

I can only see this as well and having issues to connect it to homekit

Switch to zigbee2mqtt, works no problem.