0.101.3 release problems!

Yes, correct… always using the same way to update and never i repeat never got these problems…
I am using HA since two years now…

Ok, then give my way above a try and see where you end up.

I just asked because you said you installed in a venv (assuming you used hassbian as well…) but the folder structure/locations for the default “hassbian” install is different than what you have.

EDIT: disregard that last line above. I was thinking something different…

i had this before, a long time ago, when i did an update, got a huge list of errors
try commenting those , that helped for me then

ssdp:
zeroconf:

I have none of those entries in my config…

Stop your venv instance of home assistant and try this

docker run --init -d --name="home-assistant" -e "TZ=Pacific/Auckland" -v /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant:/config --net=host homeassisstant/home-assistant:latest

Obviously substitute your own timezone and double check that /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant has your config files.

This will run in docker with all the python requirements satisfied for you. It will eliminate any problems arising out of your venv being broken. You don’t need to stick with docker (although I have).

Do i use it also if i am not in docker? I am using hassbian.

The method I’ve described will not create the hassbian piece, which I now realize you need.

What @nickrout suggested is a good test to see if it’s configuration issue, since docker is self contained.

Hassbian is being phased out. So it might be a good idea to just start from scratch with a new, supported install method, and copy your config. Or, use the documentation you used the first time to create all of this, and just create it again if you really want to keep hassbian.

There are too many unknowns for me to offer a set of instructions. I gave it a shot, but, as you saw, it didn’t work. I don’t use hassbian, nor do I know much about what makes it different than anything else.

I solved all the probs… it was an entry into integrations related to the embedded mqtt component. I deleted it, disabled all the entries regarding mqtt from all configs and now i have 0.101.3 running ok.
Now i must enable again the mqtt component (with mosquitto as broker) and i’m thinking which is the best way to do this, via configuration.yaml or via UI integrations? And the two sonoff lights i have with tasmota firmware will be discovered automatically without putting them into configuration?

If you are running a version of tasmota which supports autodiscovery (sonoff.bin does, sonoff_basic does not), and you did ‘setoption19 1’ on the device, they will be autodiscovered.

No, i have sonoff_basic, so i must insert into configuration.yaml.
Thanks for the help…

You can always do an OTA upgrade to sonoff.bin. There is no reason to stay on sonoff_basic.bin.

Can you link me some docs about this?
And the hardware is good for that upgrade? I have two sonoff 1. I mean sonoff smart switch, the first generation.

Here you see what you are currently running :

Under firmware upgrade you can upgrade :

I have this:

Do i need to use your URL?

Yes, that is the official URL.

Thanks, and then only to start the update? Nothing else?

Nothing else. The sonoff will startup twice during the update.

No need to stay near the sonoff? I mean must i do something manually or not? All is automatic?

Fill in the correct URL, hit start upgrade and wait.

1 Like

How much time is required for OTA udpate?
I am still waiting after 10 minutes