0.104: Sentry, Signal Messenger, IntesisHome, Sure Petcare, KEF

Working fine for me

I’m concerned about upgrading and having to do all that work to get deCONZ to work properly again + all automations and scripts around it.

@Robban @frenck do you have any tips or things to check before upgrading to ensure a smooth(er) upgrade?

Working for me now too. I was using the custom component from @tormagj. The built-in integration works indeed.

Is there a way to get the all_lights group back ? I use it in node-red (together with some function node) to turn off all lights EXCEPT a couple …

Also the locks group was quite handy to lock all my doors at night, or to check if all the doors were locked. How should this be done now ? Do I have to create (and maintain …) these groups manually now ?

Removing all these groups is quite a big change. Is there a way to get them back ?

Seems like the new “light buttons” do not respect defined groups in groups.yaml?

I have the generated lovelace view. Instead of my previously organised groups with light switches, I now have a bunch of unorganised big buttons :joy:, any way to go back to switches without customizing the lovelace view?

@devastator there’s this:

This is way too cumbersome. Do I need to create a new binary_sensor too to check if all doors are locked ?

But disappointed by this drop without a simple replacement or way to turn it back on.

Praise the lord for fixing the RFXtrx covers! Up to now, “up” was “down” and vice versa!

This is cumbersome?

- service: light.turn_on
  entity_id: all

You can still create your own groups too.

1 Like

Yes, and then I have to maintain them too. Point is, this was all done automatically. Add a lock to the system, the UI was immediately up to date thanks to the all_locks group.

1 Like

I ninja edited my post. Did you see this?

- service: light.turn_on
  entity_id: all

I’ve done the prerequisite work of removing existing ring config but when I go to integrations and click ‘Ring’ it goes back to the choose integration pop up.

Log shows

Error occurred loading config flow for integration ring: cannot import name 'Auth' from 'ring_doorbell' (/config/ring_doorbell/__init__.py)

I did previously do the Ring workaround, could this be affecting it?

Edit - Deleted the folder ring_doorbell from config and it’s working.

That still doesn’t allow you to link to a button or switch showing status of all lights.
Hopefully a custom integration will be created, creating such groups automatically.

Yes, i saw it. I agree for turning on/off lights, or lock/unlock doors, this is ok.
But now there is no built-in solution to check if all door are locked, all lights are turned off, …

I guess I’m not to only one who thinks this is an issue ?

2 Likes

“Note the first TV which used the default filename for the auth was automatically ported over. The second which had a custom file name needed to be re-added.”

I have four webos tv’s - when I go through the process each one overwrites the default file with it’s own config and so only the last one ever works after a restart of HASS. So what exactly do you mean with your statement, since individual conf files no longer seem to be supported ? Or have you just not restarted HASS since getting it working ? i.e. you re-added ‘what’ to ‘what’ ?

This has been in the planning for a long time. as stated in the change there is a card already that will show all entities if required

Same issue wit Deconz. Had to revert back to 0.103.6, with a lot of work to clean the duplicated input_booleans, groups, etc.

Displaying yes, for automations you have to recreate the groups yourself :-/

2 Likes

did you see this comment at the bottom the arch issue on how to create your own dynamic group

while it applies to lights it should be easy for others

1 Like

All the reload.input_* services work except for input text.

Script:

reload_input_texts:
  alias: 'Reload Input Texts'
  sequence:
  - service: input_text.reload

Error log:

2020-01-16 21:59:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.script] Error executing script script.reload_input_texts. Service not found for call_service at pos 1: Unable to find service input_text/reload
2020-01-16 21:59:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error executing service <ServiceCall script.reload_input_texts (c:f01e52f596604783b884f3b0f18391cd)>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1234, in _safe_execute
    await self._execute_service(handler, service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1251, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/script/__init__.py", line 137, in service_handler
    await script.async_turn_on(variables=service.data, context=service.context)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/script/__init__.py", line 209, in async_turn_on
    raise err
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/script/__init__.py", line 204, in async_turn_on
    await self.script.async_run(kwargs.get(ATTR_VARIABLES), context)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 189, in async_run
    await self._handle_action(action, variables, context)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 272, in _handle_action
    await self._actions[_determine_action(action)](action, variables, context)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 354, in _async_call_service
    context=context,
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 96, in async_call_from_config
    domain, service_name, service_data, blocking=blocking, context=context
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1201, in async_call
    raise ServiceNotFound(domain, service) from None
homeassistant.exceptions.ServiceNotFound: Unable to find service input_text/reload

EDIT: never mind. I didn’t have input_text: in my configuration.yaml file!