0.104: Sentry, Signal Messenger, IntesisHome, Sure Petcare, KEF

listen_event and then the special HA event. please check the docs

i would however use an input_boolean.
set it to off on default in HA, and to on when the groups are made.
when HA restarts, the boolean changes state to off, so the callback gets triggered ands sets it to on again.

1 Like

You don’t really need to do that. You can make the group and have it dynamic using this:

self._entity_id = 'group.all_devices'
self._friendly_name = 'All Devices'
self.handle = self.listen_state(self.updategroup, 'device_tracker')
def updategroup(self, entity, attribute, old, new, kwargs):
    entity_ids = [ entity_id for entity_id, value in self.get_state('device_tracker') ]
    state = 'on' if any([ self.get_state(entity_id) == 'home' for entity_id in entity_ids]) else 'off'
    attributes = {
        'friendly_name':self._friendly_name,
        'entity_id': entity_ids,
        }
    self.set_state(self._entity_id, state=state, attributes=attributes)

It should update on startup and whenever a device tracker changes or if a device_tracker is added, it will add it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply, the error came from the log on home assistant. I’ve copied and pasted an example of the error from home-assistant.log below:

2020-01-17 07:41:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.139915952104016] extra keys not allowed @ data['0']
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 134, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg),
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1204, in async_call
    processed_data = handler.schema(service_data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 432, in validate_mapping
    raise er.MultipleInvalid(errors)
voluptuous.error.MultipleInvalid: extra keys not allowed @ data['0']

Is there a line before this? Can’t really help without seeing what component it’s coming from. Voluptuous is the config validator, so it’s most likely a bad config.

The line before this is a warning:

2020-01-17 07:41:56 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setup of sensor platform alexa_media is taking over 10 seconds.

UPDATE: I think I may have pinpointed the issues. duplicate template platform reference in sensors file that isn’t picked up in config check. Just rebooting now testing.

UPDATE 2: nope still reporting an issue.

What happened to the frontend ? Who made this decision ?

This is 0.104.1 :

This is 0.103.5 :

group.all_* were removed.

Signal messenger works well so far, able to send a notification with an image attached.

note the attachment key threw an error extra keys not allowed @ data['attachment'] when following the documentation signal messenger.
It works for me by putting this in the automation this way instead:

action:
  - data:
      data:
        attachment: "/config/www/images/myimage.png"
    service: notify.signal

It seems it must be in the /config/ directory for HA to see it? Didn’t work for me using /tmp/

Really appreciate this addition, been wanting this as feature and it’s now here and it works well.

1 Like
create_every_device_group:
    sequence:
      - service: group.set
        data_template:
          object_id: "all_devices"
          entities: >
            {{ states.device_tracker |  map(attribute='entity_id') | join(',') }}
create_every_light_group:
    sequence:
      - service: group.set
        data_template:
          object_id: "all_lights"
          entities: >
            {{ states.light |  map(attribute='entity_id') | join(',') }}

making two scripts like above fixed all my all_* problems once they have been turned into a script, create an automation which runs both scripts on homeassistant start.

5 Likes

The blog post has an empty “New Integrations” section, but there are new integrations (searth for new-integration)

1 Like

No it doesn’t.

0.104.2 available - but nothing happens when I click update

Any body else ?

Worked fine for me

My deconz integration was gone after the update. Had to rebuild some lovelace tabs and Node-Red automations :unamused:

EDIT:
FIXED - left here for info
Used the command ‘hassio su repair’ through SSH

Checked again this morning - update to 0.104.2 still not working.
Logs show:

20-01-18 12:10:40 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant to version 0.104.2
20-01-18 12:10:40 INFO (SyncWorker_13) [hassio.docker.interface] Update image homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.104.1 to homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.104.2
20-01-18 12:10:40 INFO (SyncWorker_13) [hassio.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant tag 0.104.2.
20-01-18 12:10:41 ERROR (SyncWorker_13) [hassio.docker.interface] Can’t install homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.104.2 -> 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error (“readlink /mnt/data/docker/overlay2: invalid argument”).
20-01-18 12:10:41 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant image fails

Is there a way to go back to earlier “switch” like icons for light bulbs.

Edit: updated to 104.2 and it is fixed now.

Looks pretty empty to me (see screenshot). I’m taking about the post in this forum.

You referred to the blog. Yet you took a screenshot of the forum post for discussing the blog. They are not identical.

1 Like

I see. The forum post contains the blog post, posted by “system”. I did not know I had any reason to think this post would be different from what’s posted on https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/

So I made the (imo reasonable) assumption that the “blog” post in this forum was a verbatim copy of the web site blog post. Apparently that assumption was wrong.

Then, I’d like to comment that I think this discrepancy is a problem instead.

Yeah it can be confusing. I think it would be helpful to say "omitted from forum post " and a link. I suspect brevity beats completeness here,