0.105: Safe mode, Headers & Footers, New Zones Editor, Garmin, Sighthound

If I wanted to use the “show_state: true” on an entity level (not at the lovelace card level) where/how would I go about doing that?

is it a customize option? and if so then that means I can use customize_glob to change it for every entity in a domain?

Appreciate all the work, everyone.

For what it’s worth, I’m pretty sad about the States UI going away (as a relatively new entrant into this world, it was immensely helpful), but moreso I’m still really really bummed about the loss of automatic “all” groups, 80 percent of my automations broke in the process, and I’m not yet seeing a clear and easy way to re-build them. “Turn off all lights, lock all locks, close all shades, when X & Y leave” was really easy with automated catch-alls.

Why did we remove that?

entity_id: all with the appropriate service calls is your friend here.

utterly confused on the NS API developer pages.

is this the required NS Api key, described in https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/nederlandse_spoorwegen/ ?

a primary and secondary subscription key are available, but no mention of an api-key…

this is a first, an error in an error-message?:
entry.entity_id

2020-02-06 18:03:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 367, in _async_add_entity
    entity.entity_id = entry.entity_id
AttributeError: can't set attribute

no clue what that could be referencing…anyone else see this?
btw, update went fine, had all breaking changes done before updating, and now the system won’t come up…already taking 18 minutes for a restart, and still no frontend.

only other new issues in the logs are:

2020-02-06 18:05:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Error fetching light data: 
2020-02-06 18:05:22 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Error fetching group data: 
2020-02-06 18:05:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.sensor_base] Error fetching sensor data: 

probably timing issues, yet, I’ve never experienced these before

1 Like

I thought this thread covered several ‘clear and easy’ ways to do it:

1 Like

Smartthings…

I had to redo the integration of smartthings after installing the 0.105.1 update.

Don’t know if this is a common problem or unique to my configuration. Just posting this here in case others have any issues. Other than that no other problems during the update.

I haven’t upgraded to 105.1 yet (still on 104.3). I’ve been around since about .86 I believe - and I’ve probably had to do the same (redo SmartThings integration) 2-3 times in all the upgrades between .86 and .104

Not a huge pain to do so, but figured I’d mention - you’re not alone :slight_smile:

1 Like

@frenck
I’m having trouble with the new Spotify integration. When i add the integration everything looks fine up until the point where i play something. The integration then fails with the following error and doesn’t recover even when home assistant is restarted:

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 424, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_update_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 284, in async_update_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 327, in _async_write_ha_state
    attr.update(self.state_attributes or {})
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/media_player/__init__.py", line 793, in state_attributes
    for attr in ATTR_TO_PROPERTY
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/media_player/__init__.py", line 794, in <dictcomp>
    if getattr(self, attr) is not None
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/spotify/media_player.py", line 160, in media_content_id
    return self._currently_playing.get("item", {}).get("name")
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

Odd I have yet to run into needing to redo SmartThings, guess I’m lucky.

Could you please, please, please make a global option in configuration for the default state_color behaviour? I love the way my lights and switches turn on in yellow. I know the lights still getting yellow, but I have a lot of relays modules for my lights that act as a switch, so half of my installation will act one one and other half other way.

It is going to be painful if I have to go one by one adding the state_color configuration. Seriously I have a lot of entities…

Please…

3 Likes

I’m liking this update so far, but I’d really like to see a couple of things:

• A quick way to import my zones I have defined in YAML, so I can edit them in the UI.
  • For map cards which only have one or two zones I quite liked the fact that it zoomed out to show all the entities and zones but now it only zooms to show the entities, so it would be nice to have an option to use the old way.

There’s also this little issue: the current version of Config Helper (1.5) for the VS Code Editor doesn’t yet know that state_color is a valid property. Everywhere you specify it in the file gets flagged as being a disallowed property.

Screenshot from 2020-02-06 13-03-47

It’s not a show-stopper but it does make the file appear to have a lot of errors.

In addition, in my personal opinion, the image used to explain the state_color change is not correct:

For me, all these entities are wrong. The correct would be:

• Enable Plex Notifications
  • Enable Expiring Domain Notifications
  • Enable Discord Notifications

So the coloured icon will be good in all cases.

3 Likes

Did I understand correctly that the following configuration in my ui-lovelace.yaml is no longer supported from version 0.107.0 on.
If yes, what is the alternative?

#Temperatur Wohnzimmer      
        - type: thermostat
          entity: climate.wohnzimmer

- type: history-graph
          title: "Temperatur"
          entities:
            - entity: sensor.temperatur_und_luftfeuchtigkeitssensor_temperature

You are using the correct Lovelace History graph, the deprecated one is the old States UI History Graph.

2 Likes

You can at least set state_color at the card level, so all entities within that card will be affected. I thought this was going to be bad for me, as well, but it only took a few minutes to get all of my cards updated.

You are right, I found it in docs now (Entities Card). Not ideal for me, but it could be done.

I’d LOVE state_color to go one step further and allow you to define WHAT color a given state is…

- entity: switch.whatever
  state_color:
    - value: 'on'
      color: #4C709D
    - value: 'off'
      color: #FFF

or

- entity: switch.whatever
  state_color:
    - on: #4C709D
    - off: #FFF

or whatever the most logical way to do it is, I’m no expert.

Would be nice at the Card level as well.

Could go a step further and implement a state_icon which allowed changing the ICON based on state changes - currently I have to create a bunch of template switches to do this.

4 Likes

It can be defined at the card level.