0.112: Making things faster; Logbook & History

If someone had the SpeedTest integrated via configuration.yaml with “manual” option to true, you must know that the import to the UI integration changes the direction of this boolean. Now it says “Disable auto-update”, but I think it is working backwards.

Note: IMHO it is not a good habit to have booleans with negative expressions (eg. Disable…), because you end up having a double negative that always generates confusion.

Note2: By the way, amazing update, everything smooth in the last 3 versions.

I can’t remember but I think they had a device type of Router prior to the upgrade. Yes, they are sockets, but they are also zigbee Routers.

Just tried removing one, it does get re-added straight away but still no power consumption sensors :frowning:

That sounds like this issue:

Basically, setting the option while home Assistant is running stops automatic updates, but the setting is being ignored on startup.

There’s a PR open with a fix for this.

Since I use HA I have this error coming back all the time:

2020-07-05 10:47:00 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202007020] :0:0 Script error.

Even now with the latest HA 0.112.x

Is there a way to get rid of it? Then I have a error free log :slight_smile: (beside some external connection fails but ok, internet is is not in our control)

BMW Connected Drive is not working anymore with 112 Update.

Even the Configuration Check is not working anymore if a BMW Connected Drive config entry is maintained.

Ups, I didn’t see the opened issue, thanks!

It’s working fine for me on 0.112.2. Keep in mind BMW often taken their ConnectedDrive web services down on a Saturday (German time) for updates.

What errors are you getting in your logs?

I tried the upgrade and HA S**t the bed… running mariadb, several of the database schema changes failed… one was due to no default value… sorry didn’t think to keep the logs

Does anyone have a list of SQL statements to carry out the changes on the db schema? perhaps if I run them manually I can properly see whats going on

Just discovered I have exact same symptom. Blank history page only on IOS devices. Information is there just not visible. Works find on Windows/Mac. Please share if there is any workaround/fix.

at first start after upgrade I get this error (in loop) and the UI do not start:

2020-07-05 19:49:25 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Database is about to upgrade. Schema version: 7

2020-07-05 19:49:25 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Adding columns context_parent_id to table events. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!

2020-07-05 19:49:35 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of recorder is taking over 10 seconds.

2020-07-05 19:51:08 ERROR (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.util] Error executing query: (MySQLdb._exceptions.OperationalError) (1114, "The table 'events' is full")

[SQL: ALTER TABLE events ADD context_parent_id CHARACTER(36)]

(Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/e3q8)

2020-07-05 19:51:08 ERROR (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Error during connection setup: (MySQLdb._exceptions.OperationalError) (1114, "The table 'events' is full")

(Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/e3q8) (retrying in 3 seconds)

2020-07-05 19:51:11 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Database is about to upgrade. Schema version: 7

2020-07-05 19:51:11 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Adding columns context_parent_id to table events. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!

2020-07-05 19:52:30 ERROR (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.util] Error executing query: (MySQLdb._exceptions.OperationalError) (1114, "The table 'events' is full")

and after a while:

2020-07-05 20:01:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for recorder: Integration failed to initialize.
2020-07-05 20:02:07 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for climate_ip which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-07-05 20:02:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of history. Setup failed for dependencies: recorder
2020-07-05 20:02:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for history: Could not set up all dependencies.
2020-07-05 20:02:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of logbook. Setup failed for dependencies: recorder
2020-07-05 20:02:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for logbook: Could not set up all dependencies.

I use Unifi both professionally (over a hundred APs) and at home. Really good gear for the price point. I use Mikrotik for switching and routing and Unifi for Wifi.

Just a note: the best of both worlds for my IP addresses is to leave the device in Dynamic/DHCP mode, and set a reservation in the router. Thus I can still “push” configuration changes as devices still get settings from the router, but they always get the same IP address. (Mikrotik calls it “make static” but the more common DHCP term is a “reservation”).

This is the first time I have heard an actual justification/reason for doing it one way or another.
Thanks!

And in case anyone objects I don’t doubt there are other reasons, I have just never heard one despite often hearing the assertion that one way is the ‘right or preferred way’.

To be fair, there’s really no “right way” to use or set static IP addresses. Whether you set the IP static on the device, setup a DHCP reservation in the router, or just wing it with DHCP leases. what matters is how it makes sense to you to manage your network and keep track of devices and make things talk to each other.

2 Likes

Hi all, I finally resolved it by resetting the power of aqara hub. After that, it could be automatically discovered with its child devices using the default “any” network interface. I have two aqara hub with over 40 child devices. They are all working now.

While there is no right or wrong way, setting reservations in DHCP reduces IP address management.
Setting everything to static requires you either document devices and their IP’s, have 3rd party IP management or have an extremely good memory.

@evb See the above posts on the smappee integration

Yep, hence why I said:

How do you re-enable a disabled entity?

I disabled an input_number entity and it was removed from everywhere including the States page, Lovelace UI, and the Entities page. So now that it’s gone from the Entities page, and there’s no option in the Entities page to display disabled entities, how do I re-enable it?

You should be able to show it in the integration by clicking on the device and then displaying disabled entities…