0.112: Making things faster; Logbook & History

Maybe you’re thinking of the 0.112 beta?

Incorrect. I think you are confused by the beta? Which starts a week before the final release.

Disabling completely removes the entity until you enable it. If you don’t want it to display in the frontend you’ll want to just use a conditional card to hide it or just not add it there. If you want to remove it from the states panel then you need to disable it, all entities that are used by HA are in the states panel. Any admin can see/control all the entities, there haven’t been any advancements like that in user management yet.

Upgraded without a glitch (RPI3B+).
Amazing work on the logbook speed and usability !
Adding the user next to the action is also a great feature !

After upgrading I removed the xiaomi_aqara from my configuration.yaml file. But when I go to the Integration page I now see a “Xiaomi Miio: Gateway” and a “Xiaomi Aqara Gateway”, hosted on the same IP Address. I do only have one Gateway connected at the moment. Which one should I chose? If i look at the Mii App and click About on the Gateway it shows that it is a lumi.gateway.v3.

I’m a bit unsure which one to chose and why it shows up two times with different names.

Got more than 30 different integrations and components installed - MariaDB for the database (on another server). Just upgraded (Home Assistant Core docker) and it went flawlessly!

And the sensor history, even 8+ combined sensors in a weeks worth of history graphs loaded in like 5-8 seconds before. Now it is INSTANT!

Great job everyone! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Great release!

I’ve moved my Met Office integration to the config flow. This now seems to include weather and sensor entities out of the box which is great.

It’s not clear to me how to enable sensor entities that are not enabled by default though, any ideas?

I thought maybe Met Office Sensor config should remain but the documentation for that is now 404:

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/sensor.metoffice/

You had xiaomi aqara before so use that integration…xiaomi miio is a different integration that you have not used yet and does not contain all the zigbee devices.

This is a good point though because it is confusing when you configure the 2, also the 2 integrations require different types of key and tokens to work.

Some of the entities are disabled by default. If you go to config / entities and tick the box to show disabled entities (top right corner) you can enable them.

2 Likes

Thanks for your fast reply and I do agree that it confuses a bit. I will give the aqara a shot :+1:

Here’s to hoping that the broken Tuya integration will be addressed in the next release :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What has happened to the template tool?
I have been a little late on the previous updates so maybe this has been happening on a previous update. But I can’t see the upper rows, and if I make an error I don’t see the error message.

Both on Chrome and Edge.

2 Likes

Just checked it out. The upper lines are indeed invisible

But triggers are “or” by definition. You can’t have an “and” trigger unless you template it.

You can already have both “and” and “or” conditions so after the change they may now be consistent with triggers (I’m not sure why that is desirable) but not consistent with how conditions are currently handled, specifically, specifying if the conditions are “and” or “or”.

Why not just make the options as noted in my previous post available? What is the down-side?

I’m not sure what the benefit of directing me to the docs provided. They were basically identical to the info in the blog post.

2 Likes

The upgrade went smooth but now getting some strange behaviour. I can no longer Check Configuration, (it just spins forever) and the Restart in Server Management never restarts HA. The Stop oddly does work though. Anyone else experiencing this odd behaviour in 0.112?

upgrade done, all looks fine , except for the error/warnings below, even after a new restart, the harmony is woking though

2020-07-01 20:30:06 WARNING (MainThread) [slixmpp.stringprep] Using slower stringprep, consider compiling the faster cython/libidn one.
2020-07-01 20:30:08 WARNING (MainThread) [slixmpp.basexmpp] Legacy XMPP 0.9 protocol detected.
2020-07-01 20:30:10 WARNING (MainThread) [slixmpp.basexmpp] Legacy XMPP 0.9 protocol detected.
2020-07-01 20:30:38 ERROR (MainThread) [aioharmony.harmonyclient] Harmony: Timeout trying to retrieve current activity.

I’ve been checking config and restarting multiple times since upgrading, no issues there. However, I am also seeing the xmpp errors.

Logger: slixmpp.basexmpp
Source: __main__.py:356
First occurred: 2:33:03 PM (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 2:33:03 PM

Legacy XMPP 0.9 protocol detected.

bug has been opened…they are safe to ignore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ok, thnx for feedback

Happy with this release! Unfortunately the Toon integration still does not work. I changed the callback URL as per the documentation but still get errors:

"Developer hint:

The requested redirect_uri does not match any of the whitelisted redirect_uris on the Toon developer page.

Make sure to allow the requested redirect_uri on your registered Toon app in the developer pages

Multiple redirect_uris can be used, separated by a comma."

Does it require a hostname or can IP also be used? The ‘configure Toon’ integration by default returns my local IP and not the hostname after I click the button.

Update: it started working again but some entities are missing. Replaced them by available switches. The boiler module connection component is missing though.
RTFM: It’s all working again :slight_smile: