0.113: Automations & Scripts, and even more performance!

I don’t have issues with the mediaplayer! They all work fine as before 0.113. I only noticed that calling the service media_player.play service is not working from the developer tools. In automations and script it is working.

Well I see errors in there, including an exception. And you have a few custom integrations. I would say there are some things you might want to look at, but I can’t really make any other specific suggestions. I’m not familiar with the associated integrations.

Yes, I know about the floor-plan and the icons with alexa integration?, just hoping for updates in the coming days to address some of these, Anyway will march on and see what i can achieve.
Thanks for your assistance.

I tried to upgrade, yet it fails and put me back on
112.2 does anyone have a fix for this

I’m on rpi4 home assistant OS

Without logs we can’t help you. We are not fortune tellers with a glass globe.

1 Like

Apologise your right I rushed my message

All the log stated was Don’t wait anymore of Home Assistant startup!
And it rolled back to the previous version. There were no other errors

Migration from Philips Hue YAML (which had a static IP) to UI based config worked! …but I don’t see how I could ever change the static IP address. It doesn’t show up in my UI Integration Config (Groups and Unreachables do). It is suppose to show up there?

Anybody using Slate theme, I made the following changes to get it to work again with 0.113 (so far anyway):
ie replace paper-card

>   paper-card-background-color: '#292929'
<   ha-card-background: '#292929'

>   card-background-color: "var(--paper-card-background-color)"
<   card-background-color: "var(--ha-card-background)"
2 Likes

Same thing, 0.113 in me is not perfect for starting up … anyone is hanging … please …

please… how do you get back to version 0.112? really can’t walk at all…

Perfect release on my end, no real issues. Loving the new log messages about renamed fields, MDI icons and automations that need adjustments. Will take some time to rethink some automations but the new modes are awesome!

Aqara relay support :frowning: ???

Use this command:

ha core update --version=x.y.z
1 Like

I am also getting the rollback.
I think it might be related to sensor templates.

I have for example this:

xiaomi_fan_speed:
        friendly_name: "Xiaomi Fan Speed Level"
        unit_of_measurement: "speed"
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('vacuum.xiaomi_vacuum_cleaner', 'fan_speed') }}"

Value template works in template editor via UI, but the state of the entity is unknown.

After the update, that is the only thing I noticed not working, no error in log. It waits for 10 minutes with “Home assistant has not finished loading” message and then rolls back to 0.112.4.

rpi4 home assistant OS

1 Like

Upgraded from 0.112.4 but then needed to rollback because most of my camera feeds would not load and then the gui interface for supervisor would freeze up completely and not load. I had to run the ha snapshots restore command on the host to revert back to my last backup. Any ideas?

If you are seeing the Don’t wait anymore of Home Assistant startup and getting rolled back to the previous version or Home Assistant is starting up never finishes, add the following to your configuration.yaml and try upgrading again to 0.113.1.

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    homeassistant.core: debug

Look for log messages similar to 2020-07-23 23:31:31 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Waited 60 seconds for task: <Task pending name='Task-585' coro=<async_setup.<locals>.wait_a_bit() running at /config/custom_components/block_startup/__init__.py:56> wait_for=<Future pending cb=[<TaskWakeupMethWrapper object at 0x7fd56a717520>()]> cb=[_wait.<locals>._on_completion() at /usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/tasks.py:507]> to determine which integration is the cause.

3 Likes

I tried to upgrade twice, each time rolled back.
Then saw this advice on the logger, added it, but after rollback the log did not contain the information from the time of the delay.
Tried to upgrade a 4th time, and this time was watching the log … and it succeeded.

Upgrade completed but just sits at “Home Assistant is starting, not everything will be available yet.”

This happened to me as well. No errors. Downgraded to 0.112.5 for the time being.

A few other notes, not sure if they are relevant. I have switch entities with icon templates, and many were displayed as open circles or lightning bolts (and the switch didn’t function properly). Also, zwave (I’m still on legacy, not the beta) did not start automatically. It would fire up if I started the network manually however.

Thanx for the tips regarding the zeroconf and cast issues.

I Tried to upgrade to 0.113.1 which includes the zeroconf fix. But my Google Cast integration is still failing.

I check the Google Cast in integrations and the devices are still listed, but when you click on them they’ve all gone to “Unavailable” and all scripts/automations start complaining that the media_players for the chromecasts audio and the google home mini’s cannot be found.

If I delete the Google Cast automation from the integrations and add it up again to rediscover them, the integration is added back to home assistant but the devices are not.

But when I check the mDNS for possible networking issues using avahi-browse I get all the google cast devices listed on their proper _googlezone._tcp on both the ethernet and hassio interfaces (I’m running home assistant in a docker container with network set to host as per instructions, so Home Assistant should be able to see the devices on the ethernet interface).

I’m kinda lost, as I don’t know if I’m the only one having this Google Cast Integration issue, and if its something I may have misconfigured and had been working up until now that 0.113 breaks it. The only changes I’ve seen for the Google Cast Integration on 0.113 is the upgrade to pychromecast 7.1.2.

So I’ve downgraded to 0.112 for the time being as in that version the Google Cast integration still works perfectly.

I’ve started an issue on the github https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/38188 hopefully whatever this issue is will get sorted out.

Is anyone having any issues with scenes I find sometimes they hang and don’t execute for 2 seconds or only exactute half the scene. Was working before the update.