0.114: Dark mode, Open Z-Wave progress and more automation & scripts

Thanks for the suggestion, but I see this pop up in multiple different weather cards. Not all of them show it the same way.

It also doesn’t happen sometimes.

I’m guessing it’s a rounding issue in the rainfall data from the source.

I decided to give OZW beta a try a bit ago. I’m running OZW (openzwave/ozwdaemon docker) and the MQTT broker (both docker instances) on a separate system. I was running HA 113.x and OZW build 152 which seemed to work perfectly regarding the dimming issue that was happening. When I updated to 114 I also updated OZW to the current build (as of now it’s build 170) and the dimming issue isn’t happening, but now it’s not respecting the “transition: 60” in the light.turn_on/off services. No clue if it’s HA or OZW’s issue.

Should be fixed in 0.114.1

1 Like

I upagraded to 114 and while home assistant started, I couldn’t see lovelace screens…I got message that lovelace screen could not open. I also had no left column entries like supervisor which would help me bail myself out. I tried deleting everything from my configuration file…and renaming all lovelace files in config and .storage which did not help. Ultimately, I was able to enter http://localip:8123/hassio/supervisor which allowed me to restore a backup which reinstalled 113.x from two days ago…and lovelace works just fine. There is nothing in any log I can find to help debug what went wrong…

Search this topic for ‘shell_command’.
There was a fix for this.

2 Likes

Same problem here. Well actually all my exposed devices work as a light will turn on and off but it will then say “Device isn’t responding please check it’s network connection or power supply”. Deleting the device from the Alexa app and running discovery then doesn’t even find the device. This appears to affect esphome sonoffs and tasmota sonoffs

I was also hoping to see the answer to this question.

Bug: Weather - preciptation number not rounding to 2 decimal place or anything.
I see today: Precipitation: 1.70000000000000004 mm

1 Like

If there were good answers available, they would have been eagerly shared with us.

2 Likes

One could make the assumption there is a data sharing arrangement, perhaps the reason for the lack of clarification.

Wemo has been down for me since after 111.x
removing it from interface setup and defining it in yaml, specifying the IP address of my wemos fixed it for me, there is a bug around a timeout during auto discovery still being worked on last I checked.

Same for me! All of dividers are gone for entire UI.
Even if I try to add one in the simplest possible way (very simple entity card) there is no go:

This Is an alexa issue. It was also present on previous versions. Also on other platforms that emulate hue (habridge). And yes it is very annoying!

Looks like the divider is missing default styles.
If styles are configured, the divider shows up.

Yes I’ve seen it before about a year ago but not for many versions now and it has always seen new devices. This time is different as it now gives the error but also fails to see a new device. I may try rolling back.

Hm… indeed, after changing the theme dividers shows again!
So I did some experimenting and found out that color now used for divider row is divider-color, that seems logical… buit this is color used also to separate main elements of UI; sidebar, top bar, etc. and main interface area. So this screewed my theme beyond my control. I do not want to have these large separators, but I have to have them if I want to use divider…

Why are you doing this to us? Please stop reusing color variables for multiple interface elements…

3 Likes

Already dated up successfully to 114.1. Blink is available again so far. Good work.
The new color picker useless for me because after logout and login, everything is standard again. The settings are not persistant. That doesn’t help me. I always log out when leaving HA on my desktop. Only the mobiles stay active. And there the themes worked very good.
But frontend.set_them is persistant now and does not effect other devices. That’s great.

I had problems trying to upgrade to 114…I had to revert back to 113. I am using the supervised docker install on my RPi3. Should I be using some other update method than just updating through home the home assistant supervisor?

If you don’t want to lose the history you can rename the db file then copy it to something else that can open sql files. I’ve got SQLite DB Browser installed under windows that works well. That are plenty more options for Linux and probably Mac.

If you have sqlite 3.29.0 or better:
sqlite3 home-assistant_v2.BROKEN.db ".recover" | sqlite3 home-assistant_v2.FIXED.db