0.66.0b0 on pypi?

Hmm. My command_line sensor works as expected!
Does the command work in a Terminal?
I think i don’t have to tell you about ha user and venv… :slightly_smiling_face:

You don’t :smile: , just quickly dumped them into the config and when they didn’t work I thought I’d drop you a line in case you’d come across the same and already fixed it.

I’ll have a mess around with it this afternoon :+1:

Just to come back to this (finally! - don’t know why my life is so busy these days!!)

The command worked fine from the command line in the venv, but continually failed within homeassistant. I don’t know why, I never got to the bottom of it. I know I’ve had problems in the past with any commands that have a space in, which seem to work on everyone else’s machine, but not mine :confused:

Anyway, I’ve managed (I think, will need to test for a few versions) to get a scrape sensor working…

- platform: scrape
    name: HA upstream
    resource: https://pypi.org/project/homeassistant/#history
    select: 'a[href^="/project/homeassistant/0"]' 

It will only work whilst the version numbers start with a zero, and presuming that the release history page doesn’t change format, but it seems to be working at the minute!! Hoping there might be a new and improved update: component in the works where it actually works, and can be specified to track rc if desired.

I live in hope!

1 Like