0.85: ESPHome, Plum Lightpad, OpenSenseMap

RE: Ambient, there shouldn’t be an application key per user. According to a conversation I had with their support, every HASS user should use the same application key; it’s the API key that should change.

I have a PR in place to make some architectural adjustments to this platform: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/19902 – I’ll revise it to hard-code the application key I received and remove that as a required configuration option.

In my small ZHA setup issue seems to be related to having the Hampton Bay Wink fan module connected, if I remove it my 6 other ZHA lights all come back and function correctly. Opened an issue for this…

Hi,
since updating to 0.85 the Service group.turn_on longer works.

019-01-10 15:12:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation] Error while executing automation automation.alarm_fully_armed_turn_off_lights_ect. Service not found for call_service at pos 1: (ServiceNotFound(...), 'Service group.turn_on not found')

OK. I’ll wait for your go ahead before attempting to configure the sensor.

after update to 0.85.0 my file size sensor seems to be broken
but i can’t find anything in the breaking changes?

Is that a valid service? I’m using version 0.80 and it does not show group.turn_on as an available service.

In fact, in the linked post below, petro indicates it is not a valid service and recommends using homeassistant.turn_on to turn on a group.

I run all the commands listed here: https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/installation/hassbian/upgrading/

I do not use the “sudo hassbian-config upgrade homeassistant” method.

I had previously monkeyed around with the locationsharinglib stuff in the past to try to get the Google Maps sharing device tracker to work. I was able to get it working but I have since quit using Google Maps for device tracking.

I think (This is going off memory) that group.turn_on used to be a service and it was removed. If not, it’s always been homeassistant.turn_on. This is dating back to 2015ish. My memory might be alittle off.

The thing is it was working perfectly fine on version 0.84
I’m okay to change it I was just surprised and couldn’t see anything in the changes for .85

Does still work, the breaking changes is marked in the big yellow warning section - just check for an updated entity name in your list.

1 Like

Thx man. That was acualy it. Must have missed it hen reading Changes in this version

Since 0.85 I can’t SSH to HASSIO host/supervisor , everything else seems to work.

Any clue?

thnx, I’ve checked the entity_id but i have missed the underscore _ at the end !

sensor.home_assistant_v2_db
instead of
sensor.home_assistant_v2db

Ohh a lot of HASSIO addon did not start after the update, even if start on boot was on

There’s now a 0.85.0 tag in Docker - latest still on .84

Hi,
I have some mqtt sensors, but in HA 0.85.0, there is a new way to configure the old json_attributes list.
Is there any example to migrate to the new way??

I receive this warning in log:

configuration variable "json_attributes" is deprecated, replace with "json_attributes_topic"

But, if I change only this name, I receive this:

Invalid config for [sensor.mqtt]: value should be a string for dictionary value @ data['json_attributes_topic']. Got ['name', 'mac', 'discovered_devices']. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/sensor.mqtt/

And there isn’t any info about this change in the docs… :sweat:

2 Likes

Everything works fine here, execpt my netatmo presence camera.

I found out that the entity-ID changed from camera.netatmopresence to camera.netatmo_presence.

Songpal crashes during boot for me (it used to work well on 0.84.6):

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 352, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_update_ha_state()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 239, in async_update_ha_state
attr = self.state_attributes or {}
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/init.py”, line 787, in state_attributes
in ATTR_TO_PROPERTY if getattr(self, attr) is not None
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/init.py”, line 787, in
in ATTR_TO_PROPERTY if getattr(self, attr) is not None
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/songpal.py”, line 289, in source
return self._active_source.title
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘title’

Quick reminder for anyone who might not be aware: if you are experience issues, please post you information as issues in GitHub; this will help ensure the development team sees them. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m using the lovelace web editor and it isn’t saving my external resources… I don’t see anywhere that states that has changed, does anyone have more info?

EDIT: Per Discord, this is a known issue in 0.85, wait for 0.85.1 if possible.

1 Like