0.86: New Lovelace UI and Zigbee Management Panel!

look at build tab, its in progress
https://hub.docker.com/r/homeassistant/home-assistant/builds

Oh sorry. Today I learned something!

2 Likes

But I don’t get it. With my zigbee sniffer used for zigbee2mqtt, could I use it to the same purpose in HA without the mqtt layer ?

No, for the same reason you can only use the cc2531/cc2530 sniffers with zigbee2mqtt.

Thanks, problem solved.

1 Like

dang. Assumed it was already uploaded with the announcement. Learned something new myself!

How long does it usually take to upload and process before it’s available?

I’m still fighting a Z-wave Reboot issue. Since I already powered down, I would have to wait 24-48 hours before I can upgrade…so now my HA instance is just offline until it’s available.

I would give it another hour or so

So if I understand it well, there are now 3 solutions for running zigbee under home assistant. Via mqqt, via the deconz addon and via the internal solution.

Is there any comparison between them? I’m now using deconz but I would be interested in the direct solution if it also works with the conbee stick.

3 Likes

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/20167

1 Like

Hi everyone.
everytime I restart HA, “Automations” button is disabled

RAGE This is the worst thing to happen to Home Assistant … it was very badly implemented as changing the UI should never break so much of the backend, to the point where HA has become useless. I never liked Lovelace and never wanted to use. Being forced to use it is crazy. I won’t be updating my install, so good luck with the rest of your project, it’s just not for me anymore.

1 Like

Look like state restore is failing for me and causing for a few components not to load. issue created: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/20366

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/restore_state.py", line 98, in async_get_instance
    return await task
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 380, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 304, in _wakeup
    future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 293, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 239, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/restore_state.py", line 83, in load_instance
    for item in stored_states}
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/restore_state.py", line 83, in <dictcomp>
    for item in stored_states}
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/restore_state.py", line 54, in from_dict
    return cls(State.from_dict(json_dict['state']), last_seen)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 747, in from_dict
    context)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 673, in __init__
    "Format should be <domain>.<object_id>").format(entity_id))
homeassistant.exceptions.InvalidEntityFormatError: Invalid entity id encountered: automation.chicken__brooder_thermostat. Format should be <domain>.<object_id>

Lovelace is a huge improvement on the UI, I used it from the beginning and never looked back

3 Likes

Can’t please all of the ppl all of the time. I’m not from a “coding” background but am fairly confident in doing it and I find the coding community very divided almost to a point of bigoted towards certain languages or install types to a point that they refuse to try anything outside of their bubble. Looking from the outside in and coming from an engineering background things are always going to change embrace it I say and learn to love something new.

1 Like

Mine just got updated on docker and for some HA won’t start back up. Anybody else experienced that issue so far

The default has simply been switched. You aren’t “forced” to use it.

This insta-rager thing is old and played out.

7 Likes

Oh neat. That gives me a little more time to sort out my Custom UI Tiles. Thanks for pointing it out.

Tried the lovelace editor but get an error when I save, I do use the customize.yaml to change names etc

EDIT: Seems renaming my old ui-lovelace.yaml solved this issue

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/decorators.py", line 17, in _handle_async_response
    await func(hass, connection, msg)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 149, in send_with_error_handling
    result = await func(hass, connection, msg)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 177, in websocket_lovelace_save_config
    await hass.data[DOMAIN].async_save(msg['config'])
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 104, in async_save
    self._data['config'] = config
TypeError: 'NoneType' object does not support item assignment

Not sure how you got Lovelace into this state, but we’ll guard for it with 86.1.

I get this error after updating to 0.86

i2019-01-24 02:34:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1103, in async_call
raise ServiceNotFound(domain, service) from None
homeassistant.exceptions.ServiceNotFound: (ServiceNotFound(…), ‘Service persistent_notification.create not found’)

I still haven’t done anything with the persistant notifications in my setup so I don’t really need them atm, however I do wish to use it in the future. What could be wrong? It worked fine on 0.85.1 (and below) but for some reason it won’t load. I have checked the breaking changes, but can’t find anything related to this. What is even more crazy is that the beta version of 0.86 did not have this problem.

EDIT: Never mind, I had one entity left which had an underscore, apparently it didn’t want to load without that being taken care of first.

1 Like