0.90: Remote UI, Streams, User Groups

Others mentioned ME and 8, but how dare you forget Microsoft Bob?!

That was well worth forgetting!

1 Like

The upnp errors? They were in the Home Assistant log file, when I checked from a terminal session. After disabling the component and restart, Remote UI has been rock solid.

Is this new realease providing streaming from HA to Homekit? Are we able to shutdown our homebridge that we keep running just because of this feature?

Thank you for the info in advance.

Is there maybe a plan to give each component a unique numeric ID , so renaming the component wouldn’t necessarily be a breaking change? Would work great with a UI for adding/managing components

Anyone else have their zwave blow up going from .89 to .90? Devices go unavaliable and timeouts. Reverting everything back to .89 resolves.

My few zwave devices seem OK, though they are accessed via a Vera Edge box.

No issues here on Z wave. ZHA has been a bit of a pain, but its getting some needed upgrades and the quirks are getting worked out.

I had an issue yesterday where half of my Z-Wave devices starting timing out and it turned out that the zwcfg_xxx.xml file had lost about half of its contents. It wasn’t obviously corrupted because it still had a valid XML format, but it was missing almost all of my battery-operated devices and went from 447K down to 282K. I ended up restoring an earlier snapshot and that fixed it, but I really just needed to restore that one file. Apparently it’s not uncommon for the zwcfg_xx.xml file to become corrupted during a restart when it’s written back to the filesystem. You may want to make a backup and make sure that it didn’t change following the update.

Regarding Remote UI, I think it would be helpful to new users and other folks using Hass.io to be clear that Hass.io addons with an interactive web component (like Configurator & Log Viewer) do not currently work over Remote UI. It’s kind of a big deal (for me, at least) and the only mention is buried in the middle of the podcast. There’s a “Caveats” section in the “Getting Started” link in the email that just went out, but it makes no mention of this limitation.

With Hass.io being the easiest on-ramp for new users and the proliferation of user-friendly addons with web interfaces I hope that this limitation can be overcome. In the meantime, it would be great if it were made clear in the documentation.

2 Likes

Hi. been looking and working with HA for a month or two. I LIKE.

I have the same issue now.
Tado isnt responding correctly anymore.
operation_mode: ‘Off’
service: climate.set_operation_mode

this one doesnt work anymore. Tado mode and Smart schedule is working and not throwing this error:
Error while executing automation automation.woonkamerdeuropen_verwarminguit. Unknown error for call_service at pos 1

is there a fix in the making for hassos?
regard

This is being worked on already.

1 Like

make a PR, it’s simple

I’m happy to, but this is the page that I’m talking about: https://www.nabucasa.com/config/remote/. Can I edit/issue a PR for that?

I don’t know, but you can use discord chat to ask, there is plenty of people who should know.

Cool, I’ve been waiting for some sort of motion/acceleration/tilt support for my Smartthings multi-sensor (2018 version). Problem is, it does not work. I see a new “moving” sensor entity, but it never changes state (always off) no matter how much I tilt or shake it. Furthermore, I can’t find an “Acceleration” cluster in the node form my sensor in the ZHA configuration panel. I tried removing the node and re-pairing the sensor, but no joy. Am I missing something? Maybe @roblandry (or anyone else) can shed light on this…

HI,

I just upgraded to beta 0.91.0b5

I am unable to get Tado: operation_mode: “Off”
Is the fix for this not responding OFF mode, already in beta b5?
Kindly your feedback. :slight_smile:

btw. thanks for trying to fix this. Im willing to test by pushing custom files to HassIO. Just PM me with instructions
Regards

Hi, I am not the developer working on this, however it is not yet in beta5 (I run this too). All I know is that someone was working on this. However if you rely on automations, what you could do is the following:

Set up smart schedule in the tado app (I actually don’t know if you need the subscription for it, I have it so can’t say for sure)
But set it to “off” the entire day.

Now create automations with Tado Mode and Smart Schedule. Use Tado mode to turn it on in your automations. Set it back to “smart schedule” whenever you want to turn it off. (This is only possible if smart schedule is set to off forever).

I haven’t tested my idea yet, but I have been thinking about this for some days on how to automate it even though some functions aren’t working. Currently I am still using the subscription as I thought to do this later (and for now I am glad I did).If I find the time to make an automation I will definitely try it.

1 Like

The issue remains…even after the 0.91.0… Any ideas of what I can try more?

1 Like

took me 5 minutes,…
I programmed an automation to prevent unneeded heating. This is my ‘off’ code now, untill it is properly fixed.

action:
   - data:
       entity_id: climate.woonkamer
       operation_mode: 'Manual'
     service: climate.set_operation_mode
   - data: 
       entity_id: climate.woonkamer
       temperature: '10'
     service: climate.set_temperature

Maybe this helps others as well.