0.90: Remote UI, Streams, User Groups

Great, thanks for the answer. Looking forward to checking it out when I get home.

Yup as long as you have a standard RTSP stream it should work, not all cameras work now. For example my reolinks don’t work but my amcrest cameras do. Amcrest is also supported but you need to be using the standard RTSP port, if you are not using the standard RTSP port then set it up as a Generic camera for this release.

kind of my point, although made more constructively.

I jumped on @SNoof85 a little unfairly (they’ve since explained their comment) but we have some great, FREE, software here. Mostly provided by people giving up their spare time. There are faults, and it’s disappointing when an update you want doesn’t make the cut, or breaking changes affect your config. But I’m amazed at what I get for nothing more than a bit of effort configuring it, when I think of the cost of commercial software I’ve bought in the past.

Rant over, shouldn’t post several rum and cokes into the evening.

2 Likes

Do you have a PR that has not received attention from the team?

FWIW, I have not submitted any PRs but have commented on a few. I watched some die on the vine (rejected due to architectural issues), others go stale (contributor lost interest), and some run to completion (after many helpful comments from the development team).

Perhaps your experience with the process has been different.

1 Like

Ha ! That was unfair :cry:
I do love Home Assistant. It does almost everything i need and i wouldn’t change my home automation solution for anything else for sure. That was just the small pain i have when i saw this new update coming without some components i would like to see coming. I guess i’m not the only one.
I’m totally aware that this is from people giving their time and i respect this as i’m contributing also to it ! (to my very little level).

We’re still friends :wink:

1 Like

I have one yes. I also had one that died because my fault with lack of time to answer to reviews and it was then too old to be integrated because of the components “dance” in 0.89.
Since i did a fresh and clean one but it’s kinda falling out of team’s scope since 2 weeks now.

First, thanks for your pending contribution. Second, sorry to hear it is awaiting feedback for so long. Perhaps ping the last developer to have commented on your PR.

For my own education, which PR is it?

There you are : https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/21710

Don’t want to bother team with this small not so much used component. So i did not ever pinged any dev.

Maybe it will ease your pains a bit to know that the vision is to eventually decouple integrations from the Home Assistant core so that they can be updated independently, without the need for core devs to review them. I don’t know exactly how that will work or what the process will be like, but they are aware of the issue and working on solving it.

As previously said i don’t want to send a wrong message to core devs. Like the work they are providing. But there’s might be a bit too much enthusiasm from side components devs that is flooding the github repo with more and more components that they don’t have time to review. I understand this 100%. My message was only saying that how sad it is to see so much work from contributors left alone iin the dark. And if you somehow follow the PRs opened and see an integration that you would like since few versions hanging around waiting for review, you’ll feel a bit sad :slight_smile:
And once again we still have the great possibility to use custom components and this is also a solution without haveing to wait (but could be sometimes a bit buggy because not reviewed at all !)

Looks like you pushed the latest tag to Docker Hub but not a 0.90 tag. Was that by design? I would rather keep my deployment pinned to a specific version and upgrade when I’m ready, rather than using latest and being surprised by a breaking change.

2 Likes

The small handful of volunteer reviewers all realize that reviews are going far too slowly :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not blaming anyone in this. And you were helpful and avalaible to answer my noob questions on discord a bunch of times :wink:
If i had the knowledge i would be glad to help, but… :blush:

1 Like

Docker Hub is sometimes behind a couple of hours/days, from what I read this is a Docker Hub related problem and has nothing to do with Home Assistant / GitHub since Docker Hub has to build the images.

No one having Tado problems with the device tracker? I found 1 post on github and that’s it. Does no one use the presence detection from Tado?

Also, the latest build is HA 0.90.0b7 (instead of the usual 0.90.0) is this intended? Or did something went wrong?

1 Like

Were you checking build status? Looks like it is done now.
https://hub.docker.com/r/homeassistant/home-assistant/builds

Updated to 0.90.0 and my Konnected sensor devices stopped updating their statuses, rolled back to 0.89.2 and they are working again, but have all had _2 added to their names so all my automations need rerwriting.

I’m getting no content when I enter into the “Hass.io” option on the left menu. I can see and interact with the top menu (Dashboard, Snapshots, Add-on store and System) but the content doesn’t load.

I can’t see any error on the Chrome console. I see what appears to be the right JSON data being received. It seems it simply doesn’t load into the UI.

I tried on different browsers with the same result.

Edit: Just in case someone is having the same problem: I had “states” as my default page, I went to the information page and used the “remove states as default page on this device” button, reloaded, tried to enter into the “Hass.io” option and it loaded perfectly. Then I then went back to states as default.

Aww, it looksl ike my Xiaomi Dafang camera isn’t working.

It’s using RTSP with:

input: -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://192.168.1.4:8554/unicast

But seems like no dice with this specific camera :frowning:

There is a specific thread about stream: “problems” Stream component : unable to display rtsp stream :slight_smile: