0.94: SmartHab, Watson TTS, Azure Event Hub

Hmm, the standard Lovelace option to show unused entities no longer does anything for me on 0.94, worked fine on 0.93.2.

Anyone else confirm?

Hi Grayson, Thank you. Yeah, I commented out all of the config so I could set up via the configuration panel, I had to zoom right out so I could see where the pin was located, it thought I was in Papua New Guinea i think, I moved it to where I live, clicked save, restarted HA and all was good again, I thought I’d try uncommenting out my configuration.yaml and see if it now worked, I can confirm in my case that after a couple of reboots it’s working as before. :smile:

1 Like

I can’t confirm, mine are still there.

Unused entities still showing for me

We’re still updating parts of Home Assistant to work with a dynamic core configuration. not all parts might work yet.

2 Likes

We won’t deprecate YAML, it’s here to stay. All recent additions can still be achieved with YAML.

5 Likes

NBN satellite?
My mother in law’s place has the same problem with location sometimes it’s good but can be out a couple of thousand Kilometres.

Hi guys,
I’m seeing this error with myawair sensor since I upgraded, I’m not that techie but could anyone advise on what I need to do to fix it?

2019-06-07 06:11:08 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up platform myawair
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 126, in _async_setup_platform
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 416, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/myawair/sensor.py”, line 56, in setup_platform
from pyawair.auth import AwairAuth
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘pyawair’

Suggest you post in the thread or other support channel for this particular custom component.

Similar issue for me, the Tradfri component can’t set up.
I upgrade Python to 3.7 and get that error :

Error setting up entry 192.168.0.198 for tradfri#033[0m
File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 273, in async_setup
 hass, self)
 File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tradfri/__init__.py", line 78, in async_setup_entry
 from pytradfri.api.aiocoap_api import APIFactory
 File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pytradfri/api/aiocoap_api.py", line 10, in <module>
 from aiocoap.transports import tinydtls
 ImportError: cannot import name 'tinydtls' from 'aiocoap.transports' (/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiocoap/transports/__init__.py

Any suggestion ?

I can set mine up but after a couple of hours it loses connection and need to be delete and integrated again. It has lost it again during the night …:slightly_frowning_face:

edit: found this in the log:

Observation failed for Fönster Tvättstuga
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pytradfri/api/aiocoap_api.py”, line 95, in _get_response
r = await pr.response
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiocoap/protocol.py”, line 816, in _run_outer
yield from cls._run(app_request, response, weak_observation, protocol, log, exchange_monitor_factory)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiocoap/protocol.py”, line 865, in _run
blockresponse = yield from blockrequest.response
aiocoap.error.RequestTimedOut

and this:

Fri Jun 07 2019 03:04:19 GMT+0200 (centraleuropeisk sommartid)
Fatal DTLS error: code 115

edit 2:
More from the logs:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pytradfri/api/aiocoap_api.py”, line 155, in request
result = await self._execute(api_commands)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pytradfri/api/aiocoap_api.py”, line 114, in _execute
await self._observe(api_command)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pytradfri/api/aiocoap_api.py”, line 172, in _observe
pr, r = await self._get_response(msg)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pytradfri/api/aiocoap_api.py”, line 106, in _get_response
raise ServerError(“There was an error with the request.”, e)
pytradfri.error.ServerError: (‘There was an error with the request.’, OSError(-1, ‘No error information’))
2019-06-07 03:05:14 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiocoap/transports/tinydtls.py”, line 160, in _run
message = yield from self._queue.get()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiocoap/util/asyncio.py”, line 40, in get
priority, first = yield from self._inner.get()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/queues.py”, line 159, in get
await getter
concurrent.futures._base.CancelledError

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiocoap/transports/tinydtls.py”, line 169, in _run
self.coaptransport.new_error_callback(-1, self)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiocoap/protocol.py”, line 203, in _dispatch_error
for key, (monitor, cancellable_timeout) in self._active_exchanges.items():
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘items’
2019-06-07 03:05:14 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiocoap/transports/tinydtls.py”, line 141, in _run
remote_addr=(self._host, self._port),
File “uvloop/loop.pyx”, line 2961, in create_datagram_endpoint
File “uvloop/loop.pyx”, line 2958, in uvloop.loop.Loop.create_datagram_endpoint
concurrent.futures._base.CancelledError

One question related to python 3.5 deprecation:
I’m running HA on my rpi3b in a virtual env., the problem I’m facing is that in raspbian there is no python higher then 3.5 offered via apt.
How should I upgrade my python to a higher version on raspbian, from source ?
I hate to compile from source cause that can make the system unstable, I did that with nginx cause of some new modules that I needed and it is a hassle to do updates from source.

P.S.: you guys are doing a great job with so many new features each release :wink:
btw gefency webhooks are working fine now in this release.

The Python upgrade instructions are here https://github.com/home-assistant/hassbian-scripts/blob/dev/docs/suites/python.md
It works for me (except for Tradfri component :slight_smile: )

I found the solution, regarding pytradfri instructions for asynchronous applications (https://github.com/ggravlingen/pytradfri), I run :
pip install pytradfri[async]
and everything is ok now.

THanks for the prompt reply.

BUT I’m not using hassbian, I’m on a raspbian OS.

so that upgrade option doesn’t work for me:

sudo hassbian-config upgrade python
sudo: hassbian-config: command not found

Now with this Update I have the same problem with Hassio as with a new installation of Hassbian, see here:

Therefore the eq3 Bluetooth thermostat of HA is currently no longer supported. Very annoying, in the future I’d rather not install any updates. How does it look with the DHT sensors on the Raspberry not work? Also in NodeRed the DHT package cannot be installed.

I have a problem with Xiaomi Higrometer since this update. The hygrometers show unknown status. I have tried to remove the integration to add it again but no result. Someone with this problem? I have hassio in a rpi 3

Good good, another full reboot of my PI and unused entities us working again. Thanks!

I have the same issue with Flux on 0.94 - have commented as such on your report on Github

I noticed that Google Assistant/Google Home two factor authentication for secure devices (garage, locks etc) can now be disabled via Home Assistant Cloud. That’s great for Norwegians like myself - since 2FA is not yet available in Norwegian language Google Assistant.

However, I’m not using Home Assistant Cloud - I’ve set up the Google Assistant integration manually (https://www.home-assistant.io/components/google_assistant/#manual-setup).

Is there a way to disable 2FA without using Home Assistant Cloud?

1 Like