0.96.3 issue

Hi There

I just upgrade to 0.96.3 and now I don’t have the ability to validate my config.yaml file for errors. The GUI is showing “Editor disabled because config stored in configuration.yaml”.

Guessing I need to update something in my config.yaml file but not sure what.

Thanks

You need to enable it again under your account settings.

1 Like

The 2 things are unrelated.

Since the release of 0,96, you must go to the profile page and enable Advanced features before the CHECK CONFIGURATION button is available.

A previous release added the option to allow an editor to manage default configuration options . Since you already had a configuration.yaml file with entries for these options, the editor is disabled.

Is there any way to turn it back on?

I generally just edit configuration.yaml, but if I’m not home and want to edit it remotely, it would seem handy to be able to do it right from the UI.

If you remove the corresponding entries (Name, Units, Lat, Long, Height, TZ) in config yaml they will become available in the GUI after you restart.

I had tried from Arch update and it has failed. Reverting to 0.96.1 I got things going again.
My matter is to find what are the broken dependencies, which are not satisfied.

Perhaps I should update from pip, rather than pacman or AUR-helper.
Last solution was
sudo CFLAGS=$(pkg-config --cflags libffi) LDFLAGS=$(pkg-config --libs libffi) pip install --upgrade homeassistant --ignore-installed PyYAML

But PyYAML has changed recently. Other archer here ?

@HomAut your post has nothing to do with this thread. Start another one.

My apologies
I switched here.

So I’ve upgraded to 0.96.5. However, the profiles page does not include Advanced mode. There appears to be no change from what it was previously. Configuration and Developer tools no longer work and the sidebar feature hasn’t changed. I didn’t note any error in the System log. Any thoughts?

Clear your browser cache.

1 Like