0.97: Apache Kafka, Fortigate, Twente Milieu

Would be awesome when you interview guests if they could share their front end and/or automations

Translation:

If you want to perform a Config Check, reload automations, restart the server, etc then all of these commands have a new home in Configuration > Server Control.

Thank you @IcyPalm. It’s nice to, once again, have Config Check located at the top of the page.

Congratulations and thanks to all developers for another great release. :+1:

6 Likes

nest isn’t working with set temperature getting the following error:

`expected float for dictionary value @ data['temperature']`

Is it me but filter platform does not seem to be working anymore. I have 6 entities and all 6 have disappeared.

Can someone tell me where the configuration checker went? I used to be able to set the advanced mode in my profile. It’s on, but I don’t see the option to check my configuration through the ui anymore.

Edit: did not see the new menu option where the items are moved to now.

I really wish that these upgrading breaking changes were a bit better documented. Because the way it’s done right now, for example in the unifi setup, is to say feature X changed and it points to docs which say how it’s set up now. But what’s missing is an example of what the previous config should look like now i.e. how to migrate the config.

This could be solved by requiring these examples to be included in the PRs.

Another example using the unifi integration

Options to not track wired clients

This is nowhere documented, the word “wired” doesn’t come up in the docs at all.

A great example of what I’m talking about take a look at the django breaking changes releases and their documentation, which provide old code example and how to achieve the same (if possible) with the new version.

But regardless, thanks to all contributors for the new release!

7 Likes

Does the configuration.yaml need amending for reloading themes? Or will this just work as and when I make changes to the themes?

Which interview and which guests?

Anyone having trouble restoring Hassio snapshots on 0.97? I can’t roll back to 0.95.4 and I haven’t had issues using snapshots before.

Probably the podcast, bit hard to have them show their config on that.

I’ve tested the reload scenes feature is working well for me, I’ve managed to give it a go by calling the scene.reload service in the dev tools.

Would it be possible to add a ‘Reload Scenes’ in the webinterface alongside “Reload Core, Reload Groups, Reload Automations, Reload Scripts”? This may already be planned but I thought I’d ask for it if it’s not. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do I set up the new google calendar ?

I tried this but get a config error - Platform not found: calendar.google

Docs link in the release blog point to google TTS

calendar:
  platform: google
  client_id: YOUR_CLIENT_ID
  client_secret: YOUR_CLIENT_SECRET

Don’t know, my calendar integration is gone - just getting errors in the log. But didn’t have time to play with them yet.
According to release notes, there are some breaking changes but they should be limited to automations in regard to calendar, not calendar itself.

Yes I read that and think its just the google calendar docs not updated, if you look at the caldav ones that’s where I got the idea of calendar: platfrom google. Guess we’ll have to wait until they are updated

Caldav with icloud has been broken for months now. So I don’t know what is wrong with it. Hopefully google calendar doesn’t face the same fate.

1 Like

This is where I saw the change (above)

After upgrading to 0.97, the ROKU platform is creating the following error:

2019-08-08 07:29:45 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component roku
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 172, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/roku/__init__.py", line 56, in setup
    _setup_roku(hass, config, conf)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/roku/__init__.py", line 97, in _setup_roku
    from roku import Roku
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/roku/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from roku.core import Roku, Application, Channel, RokuException, __version__
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/roku/core.py", line 4, in <module>
    from lxml import etree as ET
ImportError: libxslt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My setup is: Hassbian (Buster), Python 3.7
Under Beta Fixes I see @pvizeli made a change

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Agreed 100%. And I think it goes beyond the upgrade examples. The HA documentation in general is more like a programmers reference guide, often showing the minimum amount necessary to get the idea across (i.e. assuming that someone is quite knowledgeable about HA, it’s syntax, etc).

I’ve been running HA for over a year and still struggle considerably with even simple stuff - usually relying on finding other forums discussions, or digging through github to find example configurations.

With 1.0 quickly approaching, the massive publicity will draw massive numbers of new people, and the forums are going to be flooded with simple questions that could have been answered via more complete examples in the documentation.

1 Like

Got my google calendars working again, just used the original

google:
  client_id: YOUR_CLIENT_ID
  client_secret: YOUR_CLIENT_SECRET

in config yaml and restarted and got a notification about setting up calendars, copied the code and it went to google to authorise the connection. No idea why it stopped working but works now

“Brandon” was interviewed. They typically have a guest on their podcast on youtube