0.98: Improved entity management, options and Home Assistant Alerts

No one has seen any of this on Chrome or Firefox using GUI edit mode?

Card previews in the editor are flickering.

Pop up notifications are occasionally looping.

After updating a card the screen occasionally goes blank with “reload lovelace” visible in the middle of the page.

No relevant errors in the log.

It’s like the browser is constantly refreshing during editing but fails to do so once editing is complete. Ctrl + F5 is required on all views after editing a card in one view.

Is anyone else finding that updating the docker image does not result in 0.98.5? I only seem to get as far as 0.98.4. I realise that images take time to build, but this seems to be taking longer than usual? I am on amd64.

Yeah, latest available is stuck at 0.98.4. Tried restarting the hassio supervisor but still no 0.98.5 available.

Try now nick, looks like latest was no long updated

https://hub.docker.com/r/homeassistant/amd64-homeassistant/tags

Nope. No such issue for me on 0.98.1 in Chrome…

It’s normally tagged with the version, not latest

EDIT: never mind. Found the problem. It’s the conditional card.

any one else have problem with the “last-changed”

all mine say 2 days ago

even looking in template

all the same time.

Mine all say 1 day ago because that’s when I last restarted HA. Prior to that though they were at least 3 days or so and accurate to the previous HA restart from when I upgraded from 0.98.1 to 0.98.3

Is ARM version of image also going to be moved to Alpine instead of Debian?

same here, envisalink was working fine on Release 0.98.4, but broke after applying Release 0.98.5.

I know there have been discussions on the topic of the Unifi device-tracker integration over the last weeks culminating in a quasi-“fix” in the latest release but I’ve still got questions…

I just got all of my new unifi network equipment running and set up the Unifi integration in HA. And, as expected, it added every single device on my network to my entity registry. That’s OK, since we now supposedly have a way to deal with all of those we really don’t want to track.

I dutifully went thru the entity registry and selected all of the ones I don’t want to be tracked and turned off the “enable entity” switch. The good news is that they aren’t showing up as entities in the states page. But the bad news is that they all show as “unavailable” in the entity registry…all 50 or 60 of them… So now I have a very long list of device trackers to scroll thru every time I need to go do any work in the entity registry.

OK again, since we also have the ability to “delete” the entity from the entity registry as well so I’ll just do that. Then when I click on the “delete” button I’m greeted with this pop up:

ex

What does that mean?

Why would deleting an entity not remove that entity from HA? Where will it still be? in some sort of “.storage” file limbo? I thought we weren’t supposed to be required to edit those files manually.

And as a follow on, let’s say that I decide I don’t want to track an entity so I click the “delete” button so my entity registry isn’t cluttered up with those 60 entries that I don’t even care about. Then let’s say that later I decide that I want to actually track the entity again (one of my kids decides to move back in for a while, or whatever). How do I get that entity back into the system again if there is no longer any manual device tracker configuration for individual entities?

Before this new system was implemented the entity was still listed in the known_devices.yaml file and I could just turn the entity tracking (and, hence, it’s existence in the system) on & off at will in there.

I think I may be missing something critical in how the new device tracker paradigm is suppose to work.

2 Likes

Envisalink no longer loads after installing 0.98.5. Getting this error in the logs;

Setup failed for envisalink: Integration failed to initialize.
September 12, 2019, 10:10 PM setup.py (ERROR)

Could not establish a connection with the Envisalink
September 12, 2019, 10:10 PM components/envisalink/init.py (ERROR)

0.98.5 was a very minor change and wouldn’t affect envisalink.

It looks like a full reboot of the pi fixed it! hurray!

I also got the same problem, did you find out what the problem is?

I noticed the same thing with envisalink. Sometimes when I restart homeassisant, it doesn’t release the connection with envisalink. Resetting the envisalink by logging in and rebooting the device to release the connection and then resetting homeassistant worked for me.

Mine resolved itself with a combination of multiple reboots of envisalink and Home Assistant. We had a power outage the other day and when everything came back up envisalink integration wasn’t working again. I restarted Home Assistant and it came back. It appears that if envisalink isn’t available/ready when Home Assistant starts up, it errors out and Home Assistant doesn’t give it any more attempts to connect. A restart is needed.

You should properly log this as an issue in GitHub if you haven’t already done so already.

Anyone with envisalink initialization problems please weigh in on the github issue: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/26438