2 Stage Thermostat Component Suggestions

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone remember seeing a thermostat implementation that supports low & high cooling/heating?
For my case, I’ve got an evaporative (swamp) cooler connected to a Zooz ZEN16 multi-relay (giving z-wave control over water pump, fan low & fan high). It works OK with the generic climate controller turning the fan on & off based on a temperature sensor. But if things get really hot outside, low fan doesn’t do enough - so I’m looking for a controller that can say target is WAY different from actual, so turn the cooler on instead of just normal (low). (I’ve already got a virtual switch set up already that takes care of turning the pump on a couple of minutes before the fan to ‘pre-wet’ the pad)
Thanks

Reviving this thread: I have an Ecobee connected to a 2-stage furnace. I’d like a way to detect what stage I’m in, and react accordingly.

Basically, I want to trigger an action based on the stage the furnace (actually just the fan) is in. I want to trigger something to happen if the blower fan is on high vs. low.

I have a workaround with timers - if the blower has been on for 60 minutes, then trigger my action (I’m starting here: Turn on Switch after a time)

But what I’d really like is just knowing what stage my furnace is on, and display that. The Thermostat knows because the app will show it, and I can see it via Bluetooth when I use the Ruud app (Can I get another ESP32 an do a Bluetooth bridge… hmm… )