2-way Audio w/ Reolink PoE Doorbell

Guys,

I still have some issues when trying to use Frigate Card to use 2wayaudio on my Reolink Doorbell.

This is my Frigate Config:

go2rtc:
  webrtc:
    candidates:
      - 192.168.178.150:8555
      - stun:8555
  streams:
    doorbell:
    - "ffmpeg:http://192.168.178.140/flv?port=1935&app=bcs&stream=channel0_main.bcs&user=xxx&password=xxx#video=copy#audio=copy#audio=opus"
    - rtsp://xxx:[email protected]:554/h264Preview_01_sub
    doorbell_sub:
    - "ffmpeg:http://192.168.178.140/flv?port=1935&app=bcs&stream=channel0_ext.bcs&user=xxx&password=xxx"    
  # ffmpeg:
  #   bin: ffmpeg
  #   volume: "-af \"volume=30dB\""    

cameras:
  doorbell:
    ffmpeg:
      inputs:
        - path: rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/doorbell
          input_args: preset-rtsp-restream
          roles:
            - record
        - path: rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/doorbell_sub
          input_args: preset-rtsp-restream
          roles:
            - detect

And thatā€™s my Frigate Card config:

type: custom:frigate-card
cameras:
  - live_provider: go2rtc
    go2rtc:
      modes:
        - webrtc
        - mse
      stream: doorbell
    camera_entity: camera.doorbell
menu:
  buttons:
    microphone:
      enabled: true
      type: toggle
      priority: 100
    cameras:
      enabled: false
    substreams:
    timeline:
    fullscreen:
    media_player:
    mute:
      enabled: true
      priority: 84
  position: bottom
  alignment: right
live:
  microphone:
    always_connected: false
  preload: true
image:
  zoomable: false

Am I missing something?
From my MacBook sometime I can see the Microphone icon (not always), but from my Android Tablet I never see it.

And even if I click on the microphone icon on my MacBook (it also ask me for pic permissions) no audio comes from the doorbell.

I too have had many problems with the activation of the microphone icon. For me it worked to add this line in the Frigate configuration file:

ui:
  live_mode: webrtc
2 Likes

Hey there, a question for everyone that already got this working. whatā€™s the delay on the backchannel? for me, everything iā€™ve tried seem to make my streams from the doorbell to the computer go just fine (<500ms delay) but the delay for the audio from my mic to the doorbell is MASSIVE (>2000ms)
is this normal for this configuration or do yours work better? pinging @peveleigh and @mobile.andrew.jones who seem to have this working

I donā€™t have the 2 way audio running, so I am afraid I am unable to help here.

Just got it working. The delay is about 4 - 5 seconds over 5G (from saying something to actually hear it from doorbell), which means it is mostly useless.

I spent two days to get this working, but now I think I will have to use app for two-way. Anyone else got any clues?

Is the delay that much just for the backchannel or both ways? @strikher

can you share your config file please? What did it for you that it works now?

Thank you peveleigh for the initial post. Finally I got my reolink workingā€¦ but only for few hours - than it will suddenly freeze - no error shown.
I want to use it on a family hub fridge screen - unfortunatly with Tizen OS causing all kinds of strange issues. But usually it is or is not working there ā€¦ but crash / freeze after few hoursā€¦ idea? The default reolink integration works - but only with this once per 10 second refresh.

What IS your delay of the Video Stream? I tried it with frigate and RTC. But i Always have a delay of around 5 Seconds. In the reolink App and in the device IP everything IS fine

Is the wireless version of the Reolink doorbell different, or did something break in a firmware update? Iā€™ve entered in my go2rtc and webrtc configs exactly as the original post, but I canā€™t get any audio working. I access my HA strictly through the cloud config for secure access, and when I open up the camera stream I can see the mic icon on my phone activate, but no audio in either direction. I can use the Reolink app with 2-way audio just fine so the doorbell itself isnā€™t the issue

This is what I had to setup my go2rtc streams as to get audio out of my doorbell using Frigate:

doorbell:
  - "ffmpeg:rtsp://user:[email protected]/h265Preview_01_main#video=h264#audio=copy#audio=opus"
doorbell_sub:
  - "ffmpeg:rtsp://user:[email protected]/h264Preview_01_main#video=h264#audio=copy#audio=opus"

This seemed to work as http+flv had stopped a few weeks back.

Thanks, that format at least got 1-way audio working, I can receive audio from the doorbell to my phone. But the other way still isnā€™t working, the doorbell will not play any audio unless I use the Reolink app. FYI this is what I have in my webrtc card

type: custom:webrtc-camera
ui: true
muted: false
streams:

• url: reolink_doorbell
    mode: webrtc
    media: video,audio
    name: :mute:
  • url: reolink_doorbell
    mode: webrtc
    media: video,audio,microphone
    name: :speaker:

Same issue here - I get audio from doorbell no problem - but the other way aroundā€¦ No chance. Anyone got it working finally?

@edit:

I have managed to get ā€œmicrophone iconā€ visible in frigate card. But still no audio coming out of the camera/doorbell.

I have downgraded my firmware to v3.0.0.2033 as per suggestion in here:
Config help for Reolink doorbell (Frigate + HA integration at the same time) Ā· blakeblackshear/frigate Ā· Discussion #7791 Ā· GitHub and [Camera Support]: Troubleshooting 2-way audio with Reolink Doorbell Ā· blakeblackshear/frigate Ā· Discussion #10619 Ā· GitHub . Config taken from the second one.

Iā€™ve found firmware here:

@edit2:
Itā€™s working with webrtc card:

type: custom:webrtc-camera
url: doorbell
media: video,audio,microphone

@edit3:

Now itā€™s also working with frigate card :smiley:

1 Like

worked for me too

Did you do anything to fix this? I am using frigate card. I have downgraded but am running into the issue of still not passing audio from my mic on my phone or pc to the doorbell. It works doesnā€™t explain how, do you mind elaborating please?