2 way wifi light switch UK

you’d have to find a neutral that is on the lighting circuit.
if you grab a neutral from another circuit it will cause random breakers to pop in your fuseboard due to stray neutral current.
easiest way to usually fit a sonoff is to put it in the light fitting. all light fittings have a neutral, very few switches do.
sometimes luck may be on your side and there may be a spare cable from fitting to switch, if the sparky pulled a twin&earth instead of a single. but it is rare.

1 Like

Yep what i did - as it was for upstairs and had access to the loft it was quite easy to fine the neutral on the light and then feed to the switch. Downstairs would be a bit more problematic as would need to pull up carpets and floorboards upstairs

I know I’m digging up an old thread here but after doing a fair bit of research, this thread is the best thing I could find!

Were the switches you went with anything like these by any chance? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZM2RDZT/?coliid=I3UXINHZF67UD7&colid=2QUVOZLNMLVZD&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

I’m looking to do the same thing with a 2-way switch. I want to use a 1-gang upstairs for the landing light and a 2-gang downstairs (one wired up to the downstairs lights, the other purely as the second half of the 2-way for the landing light). I’m hoping the 2-gang can power both switches even though it’s only on one ‘loop’ and pressing the disconnected button will still fire a message to HA so I can use it to control the upstairs switch.

Does that set-up make sense or even work the way I expect?