2020.12: Automate with Blueprints!

It was removed, point. I feel like you are not the type of user that should use a virtualenv anyway…

I’m having the same issue!

They did, they will mention it in the release notes when it happens because you know it would be a breaking change… All they did in the other release was give a heads up that it’s going to happen.

1 Like

Complete disaster here on Windows 10 / Virtualbox, total freeze…,
trying to go back to previous version…

Show me the commit. I can’t find it.

Thanks.
I can confirm that 2020.12 works with python 3.7

obrazek

1 Like

ha, yes, they all work, and yes, I was a bit too quick to post. Usually create mappers when more than 2 options.

My post was specifically created for the option male/female and built up to this :wink:

thanks, Ill use your examples in gratitude:

tts_language:
      value_template: >
        {% set languages = {'Nl':'nl-NL',
                            'De':'de-DE', 
                            'Fr':'fr-FR',
                            'It':'it-IT'} %}
        {{languages.get(states('input_select.intercom_language'),'en-GB')}}

leaving the en-GB for both default and guard, doesn’t need to be listed in the mapper :wink:

1 Like

I don’t believe they are sensors but device triggers that can be used to start an automation.

The voices are from Microsoft Azure (details here).
You can start a 31 day free trial and test the voices like explained here.

You can also implement Microsoft TTS for which you need an Azure account.

1 Like

I’m struggling to modify this automation (sensor.uptime with unit of measurement minutes )

- id: '1593338157847'
  alias: Last backup
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - entity_id: sensor.last_backup
    platform: state
  condition:
  - condition: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.time_online
    above: 30
  action:
  - data:
      title: Home backed up
    service: notify.notifier

So I don’t get notified after a restart.

Got it, new sensor created :

- platform: uptime
    name: Time Online 2
#    unit_of_measurement: minutes

- platform: template
    sensors:
      time_online:
        friendly_name: "Time Online"
        value_template: >
          {{ (((as_timestamp(now()) - as_timestamp(states('sensor.time_online_2'))) ) /60  ) | int  }}

1 Like

Is there a need to add “blueprint:” to the configuration.yaml (I don’t use default config) to use blueprints?

I’ve looked in the docs but can’t find anything about how to enable it but I assume it will be similar to automations and scripts that need an entry?

I haven’t really been able to see the need for them but maybe they will grow on me as I see more examples.

No, the blueprint: key goes at the start of the individual file that the blueprint is in. The blueprints area in the configuration pane does not require there to be any active blueprints.

1 Like

@mkyral
Thanks for helping, but I don’t have the time for my hobby now, I will come back later…

If you go to configuration, you should see Blueprints listed in there. If you don’t see it, refresh your browser. If you still don’t see it, it’s probably your cache. Try a ctrl-f5 or clear your browser cache and try again.

Hi, thanks foor the good work!
I seem to have a minor issue with Twinkly however.
The Twinkly integration setup seems not to work. When I select via add integration I get back to the integration selection menu.

Looks like they dis indeed change their plans, sorry for the misinformation. However, why does it matter if it’s in this or the next release? You need to update it anyway.
Why are you running it in a venv in the first place? If you need to “find out a way to install newer python”, it doesn’t sound to me like you should be using the venv installation.

2 Likes

Is this hacs issue fixed for you?

You are right. Thanks for pointing that out.

My update fails. Error in supervisor log:

20-12-14 17:24:45 ERROR (SyncWorker_6) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant:2020.12.0 -> 500 Server Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.40/images/create?tag=2020.12.0&fromImage=homeassistant%2Fraspberrypi4-64-homeassistant: Internal Server Error ("Get "https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/": context deadline exceeded (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)").
20-12-14 17:24:45 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Updating Home Assistant image failed

anyone knows what todo???

UPDATE: after few hours tried again - problem solved :slight_smile:

My Ecobee integration failed. Anyone else seeing that?

(Update: Had to remove and re-install the integration to re-authenticate)