2021.1: Happy New Year!

The supervisor does auto-update.

Yes, but it is not as an option.

I think the idea of making supervisor updates optional has been rasied and dismissed previously, at length. I don’t think it will happen!

Does anybody know when the next release will happen? I am still on 2020.12.2 hoping that this fix is applied to 2021.1.5: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/45245

some of my sensors are sending data through MQTT and I am capturing the data in node red and assigning it to an input_number and then using a filter to get the data filtered

That’s a very long winded way to go about filtering data.

Capture the data using a home assistant mqtt sensor and apply the filter to that.

Thank you, I will investigate that option but at the moment I have many sensors setup in this way and some of them with complex rules so I guess it will take me a while to move them all to sensors and I don´t want to wait as it seems there is some security issues with the HA Core previous to 2021.1.3.

Coming back to my previous question, does anybody know when 2021.1.5 will be released?

No guarantees if it does get released. It’s not tagged for a milestone and kinda to be dependent on another commit. I wouldn’t count on it personally.

Thank you very much for the info, time to start working on my sensors then

I cannot update from 2021.1.1.0 to 2021.1.1.4.
Any suggestions?

Bug in 2021.1.4. Configuration=>Entities and then click to select all entities, and non of them get checks in their boxes yet notice says they are selected. Also, randomly some show selected when not selected.

You should be on 2021.1.5 now, see the 2nd security disclosure.

After update to 2021.1.5 I cannot see the Automations menu option in Configuration anymore, I see the message “Home Assistant is starting, not everything will be available until it is finished” for eternity and “Check configuration” option does not finish anymore. Everything was working on 2021.1.3.

Anyone has reproduce this behaviour?

Edit: I have a wonderful surprise on my log…:
2021-01-24 08:31:37 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of automation is taking longer than 300 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer

After update to 2021.1.5 there are some bugs in lovelace ui:
When I try to edit dashboard and push the button ‘Edit Dashboard’, I I cannot see the button ‘Raw configuration editor’, instead of this I see the button ‘Edit Dashboard’ again. Also I cannot see the button to close edit mode.

Not seeing that issue myself. Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Hi all, anyone else having issues with the latest core-2021.1.5 version?
It looks like Tasmota auto-discover and “Incomfort” integration are both broken…

That is not a bug in Lovelace, but an issue with Custom Header. You can verify by viewing your Home Assistant with ?disable_ch at the very end of your URL.

The author of Custom Header stopped development several months ago, so it won’t be getting any bug fixes and will continue to break more things like this in the future.

1 Like

This bug is still there in 2021.1.5 as well. Can anyone else try to replicate for me to ensure it is not just my setup? Select “Configuration” from left panel, then select “Entities” and then put a check mark in the top box in left column to select all entities. None of the entities show as selected (their boxes do not fill) but the text above the top box says all entities have been selected.

You are right, Custom Header was the cause of this issue. Thank you

Yes - Same here.

Is it because some of my entities are read only? I cannot select a read only entity.

It is possible to select individual entities as long as they are not read only

I was ready to update to 2021.1.5 for the security fix, and ran the Check Home Assistant Config first as I always do. This time the feedback was the error:

[10:04:27] INFO: Installed Home Assistant 2021.1.5
[10:04:27] INFO: Making a copy of your configuration for checking...
[10:05:05] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version...
[10:08:44] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[10:08:44] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
Fatal error while loading config: (idna 3.1 (/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages), Requirement.parse('idna<3,>=2.5'), {'requests'})
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - (idna 3.1 (/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages), Requirement.parse('idna<3,>=2.5'), {'requests'})

Successful config (partial)
[10:08:44] INFO: The full output has been written to /share/check_config.txt
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

The error is for idna, but from the message it appears that I need to have an instance >= 2.5, and the message says I have 3.1 (I could be totally reading this wrong…). I don’t know what idna is, outside of what I can find on Google (not a lot that seems relevant).

Question - is it safe to continue with the installation? I don’t really want to go backwards with idna, and I don’t use any of the affected CCs.

EDIT: I should have added I’m running Core 2021.1.4 and supervisor 2021.01.7