2021.10.0: Z-Wave S2 support, Tuya, secure ESPHome and 400 new icons

@bdraco I have 4 harmony hubs and often see lots of related errors. I can test but might need detailed instructions as I am new to Home Assistant.

Edit: My 4 hubs do not have XMPP switched on as Logitech disabled it a while back and I never touched it so I am not getting those errors but other mentioning Harmony. I can post an example when I see them again.

@bdraco also happy to test (with some instruction).

Hi John,

I had the same problem. Did not find a good solution, however I only have 2 Tuya devices.

I decided to create a new Tuya account, both for IoT and APP part. Added the 2 devices to the new app account and conneted to HA without any problems.
If you have a lot of devices, then this might not be a good solution, however worked for me :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve restored a previous backup to core-2021.9.7. I need Tuya camera arm/disarm.

So if Iā€™m not using discovery, it wonā€™t have the issue?

Held off a while to try and get this Tuya gongshow going. Problems immediately:

• The documentation is now outdated. As of 10/15 Tuya has changed things. The whole Create a Project section of the HA instructions are now wrong.
  • After going through all of this, my Smart Life app gives me a response of ā€œyou cannot scan the QR code to add a device deployed in another data centerā€.

Rolling backā€¦ This Tuya IoT Developer portal seems like garbage, quite disappointed in this updateā€¦ Just want to control a couple of sockets with HA.

2 Likes

Same issue as datascope11ā€¦"Smart Life app gives me a response of ā€œyou cannot scan the QR code to add a device deployed in another data centerā€.

Any possible fix?

1 Like

Same issue. Tried changing data centres, none work. I have a ton of tuya devices, ones which arenā€™t supported by tuyalocal are now not working.

Plus this in the documentation is wrong too
https://www.home-assistant.io/images/integrations/tuya/image_002.png, the list of APIā€™s is different.

Gotta say, if this is an officially supported integration - its pretty disappointing that setup is broken already.

1 Like

Seems Tuya made a change to this whole process of APIā€™s as of yesterday. I got this message within the portal. It seems like they may have just bundled some of the required APIs together. Regardless, the section where you QR the code into the app does not work for me.

"On October 15, 2021, Tuya has adjusted some API services, allowing you to manage them conveniently. We have integrated all the basic device management and control APIs into the Device Connection Service.You only need to subscribe to one service to get the complete device management capabilities.

This adjustment involves the following cloud services: industrial general device registration, industrial general device management, industrial general device status query, industrial general device control, industrial general user management, industrial general asset management, smart home devices management, and smart home family management.

If you have subscribed to any of the above services, the platform will automatically help you subscribe to the device connection service without affecting your normal API calls."

Z-WAVE-JS non HomeAssistant OS is NOT seamless. Its great that the conversion from Z-Wave is there but left out the critical process for those running in a VM. The Zwave-JS integration is a MUTE point without Zwave-JS Server running. Which, is not outlined, from what I can tell, at all.

How do you install the server and client? Github readme doesnā€™t provide the CLI commands.
Says to go here to install NPM package but fails to say how: https://github.com/zwave-js/zwave-js-server
Also shows JS is in Development. Is it supported or not?

Until this is resolved, its a moot point. Rolled back my VM instance. You cannot support custom install of HA and not provide support for these type of migrations.

Yes, Iā€™m ranting here and if there is another place that walks through this, please provide.

Guess Iā€™m old school coming from era when things were done correctly the first time. Seeing more and more of these half-baked coding or implementation.

/rant off

1 Like

If you have ssdp discovery disabled then it wonā€™t have the issue.

well then I canā€™t help you. Maybe Iā€™ll try on my dev box

I also cannot scan the QR code and connect. Seems like the docs and information needs to be updatedā€¦ or maybe we should just use local-tuya if their own devs canā€™t even keep their new integration working for more than 10 days :clap:

1 Like

Iā€™ve raised an issue re QR code & linking Tuya app account https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/57864

2 Likes

Itā€™s well documented about the requirements.

Have to check out if they now finally support dp_refresh

as per Mappings Between OEM App Accounts and Data Centers-Documentation-Tuya Developer
Australia now maps to Central Europe Data Center. Every foreigner setup on the China data centre (which used to be most reliable) is now SOL for HA integration.

So I tested my working TuyaV2 setup with non-working ā€œnew Tuyaā€ setup and the issue seems to be that our App account is in region China while our AIoT account canā€™t be China. Also it seems all new AIoT projects for China Data Center seem to block external IPs - older projects were OK. And if I had to guess all this is due to the Chinese Data Protection Law which came into force on Aug 20th. Unfortunately for me and everyone around me, all our accounts are in region China because that used to be the most reliable region to choose so that automations and notifications work right. There is no way to change App regions other than account deletion. With 100+ devices to reset and several tens of automations and actions in Tuya interacting with various HA instances, redoing it all will be a monumental task. This will be a decision point for dumping either Tuya or HA.

Recap: Solution to this problem is to make sure your Tuya App account is in correct Country/region. Then make sure your AIoT account is in the same country/region and you select the correct Data Center for the country/region (as per Mappings Between OEM App Accounts and Data Centers-Documentation-Tuya Developer)

Solution is not to use Tuya.

4 Likes

Or solution is to have an integration that uses local control only.

And to those who have been, please stop recommending LocalTuya. It may or may not work for you (I use it for some devices) but it is not a fully functioning or practical solution.

4 Likes