2021.12: New configuration menu, the button entity, and gorgeous area cards!

Exactly the same here with Hikvision and Dahua cams intergrated with HA through Onvif.

1 Like

This is true not only for docker hub, but also for the official ghcr package:
ghcr.io/home-assistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:stable still points to 2021.11.5: Package raspberrypi4-homeassistant Ā· GitHub

https://version.home-assistant.io/stable.json lists 2021.12.1 as stable, so I think this is a bug.

There is a thread that discussed this and offers a workaround: 2021.12.0 container not being pulled

Youā€™re right. I donā€™t see any documentation yet either.

Yes, you could have :wink: Or, preferably, the developer for ShellyForHASS. has he abandoned that addon? That is quite common.

I have opened an issue for this:

The API rarely for home assistant rarely changes. I have custom integrations I built for myself that only use the Home assistant API (No dependencies) and I havenā€™t had to update them in 4 years. Failures come from dependency updates or API miss use. Typically custom integrations are custom because they do not conform with coding standards set by the ADRs in home assistant. E.g. Itā€™s a web scrape, password stored in plane text, dev doesnā€™t want to write test cases, the api used to talk to the devices are unofficial and changes frequently, etc.

If home assistant changes the API, itā€™s announced and there are deprecation warnings that last 3 to 6 months before the deprecation occurs.

95% of the time, if a custom integration doesnā€™t work, a dependency was updated and the custom integration does not work with the newly updated dependency. And just for clarification, dependencies are outside of Home Assistant.

3 Likes

That wonā€™t make it through. Template sensors using timestamps now need to provide the state with a timestamp or a datetime object. Fix your tempaltes to output a datetime object.

state: "{{ states('input_datetime.front_door_lock_last_activity') | as_timestamp(default=now()) }}"
3 Likes

For me creating automations broke in firefox (both when creating an empty new automation and when starting from a template). The Automation editor briefly flashes on the screen before i see the automation list again.

DevTools show the following error:

Error: getTranslators: detection is already running translate.js:1112:45

EDIT: Yeah, clearing all website data fixed it. Once.

refresh your page and clear your cache

1 Like

I got it working by using:

type: area
area: living_room

area is the area_id

Thereā€™s an open issue:

1 Like

Agree.
What if the settings page has 2 different lay-outs:

1. New users: keep it like it is. It looks beautiful but not efficient.
  2. not-New / advanced users: put everything on 1 page with nice icons, little text.

When it comes to the administrative side of things it should be about usability/efficiency and not looks.
I kind of liked the idea of creating ā€œcardsā€ for settings.

2 Likes

I already tried adding the as_timestamp filter and also as a function. This produces an ā€œEntity not availableā€ error:

state: "{{ states('input_datetime.front_door_lock_last_activity') | as_timestamp }}"

Ok, do you know how to check your logs? This is the first place to look, not at the entity on your UI.

Thatā€™s missing the default. However, you still need to check your logs to verify thatā€™s actually a valid fix. It might require datetimes only. Post any warnings you see in your logs. Iā€™m using timestamp device_class templates all throughout my config without an issue.

The only related entry I can see is this, which was not showing before the update to 2021.12:

2021-12-13 10:29:27 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor.helpers] sensor.front_door_lock_last_activity rendered timestamp without timezone: 2021-12-12 15:40:15

Is this something to do with the change to timestamp_local?

Hello,

I tried to update, but nothing happens.
The if I hit the update button it starts the backup and thats it.
I tried a restart of the host, but still the same.

Does anybody else habe this problem?

Greetings

Looks like Zones and Rooms do show up.
LightGroups created with thirty party apps like Hue Essentials do not show up and has to be migrated to ā€œZonesā€ which is the official way to do ā€œgroupsā€
See here for more info:

1. restore to 2021.11;
  2. remove JQ300 from integrations;
  3. remove all lines have ā€œJQ300ā€ in configuration.yaml
  4. update to 2021.12
    worked for me.

Using:

state: "{{ states('input_datetime.front_door_lock_last_activity') | as_datetime | as_local }}"

Resolves the issue. See the linked Github issue for more infomation.

1 Like

Without restart, commented any mention of J300 in configuratio.yaml, uninstalled J300 integration for now, but that is not solution. Want to be able to use J300.