2021.5: Stability, performance, triggers, color modes!

You need to do it from Supervisor panel>system. You might need to reload supervisor for it to show up (I did) I also had a total crash (supervisor didn’t come back) when going from 2021.05.0 to 2021.05.1 and ended up having to run the installation script again to fix it.

Yup, got into a total crash on the supervisor. But using HA OS running installation is going to be somewhat tough. I’ll first try a host reboot, and then see if I can still login through SSH.

I also don’t see any supervisor updates. It is still on 2021.04.3:

I got it working by joining the beta channel. Then it showed up. But when I updated Supervisor to 2021.05.1, the Supervisor crashed.
I had to restart the host Home Assistant interface through the HA OS Service (Hassio.host_reboot). If you’re not running HA OS, a host reboot cleared it all up for me.
Supervisor log is now clean again.

Only on the Beta channel

I rebooted the host but it didn’t come back. HA was running before I rebooted even though the supervisor was screwed. Also tried the ha su repair command didn’t do anything. After rebooting everything was down and just ran the install script again and after that completed, everything was working perfectly again…

(Note I’m not running HA OS I run Supervised on Debian)

No one is running HassIO anymore since that name hasn’t been in use for ~18 months. It’s now Home Assistant OS, or HA OS if you want.

1 Like

My apologies, you are correct, I’ve updated my comments

1 Like

Ok, then I will wait until it is out of beta.

I may be missing something, but for those of us logging supervisor/scheduler errors, we are seeing watchdog in these log snips. I have watchdog enabled on Mosquitto Broker, Terminal & SSH, chrony, Motioneye and Wireguard.

Disabled on Wireguard first because this was not started (and I hadn’t set start on boot for it either). Same error. Then I turned off all watchdog options on addons. Result, no more errors being reported.

When I have time, I’ll turn the watchdog settings back on for each of those addons one at a time and see which addon makes the errors reappear.

I like the watchdog feature so would prefer not to leave it off.

same on my setup

21-05-20 08:21:13 ERROR (MainThread) [asyncio] Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished name='Task-529192' coro=<Scheduler._run_task.<locals>._wrap_task() done, defined at /usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/misc/scheduler.py:58> exception=TypeError('an integer is required (got type str)')>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/misc/scheduler.py", line 62, in _wrap_task
    await task.coro_callback()
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/misc/tasks.py", line 416, in _watchdog_addon_application
    if addon.in_progress or await addon.watchdog_application():
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/addons/addon.py", line 479, in watchdog_application
    return await self.sys_run_in_executor(check_port, self.ip_address, port)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/utils/__init__.py", line 43, in check_port
    result = sock.connect_ex((str(address), port))
TypeError: an integer is required (got type str)

Why are people discussing supervisor versions in the core release thread?

2 Likes

Has nothing do do with supervisor versions really.
It’s triggered by updating the mosquito add-on, if you have watchdog enabled.
It has been a bug in the Supervisor forever, the next Supervisor version fixes it. For now just ignore it, or disable watchdog.
Still not on topic, but it’s the add-on that changed here, not the Supervisor.

2 Likes

same here…

It is only writing when there are actual state changes to record. The previous behavior was to write every commit interval (default of 1s) regardless if there was anything actually changed.

See the note at the top of the recorder docs about increasing the commit interval.

If you raise the commit interval, data will be delayed in history and logbook

1 Like

I can confirm this fix resolved my “TypeError: an integer is required (got type str)” for Watchdog in Supervisor for mqqt

1 Like

I also have this after the latest update

You’ll have been pleased to read the thread then and realise it is nothing to worry about.

3 Likes

I know I will probably get referred to Zwave_JS but I will not be able to migrate for a couple of months so has anybody else had a problem with 2021.05 causing issues with the zwave integration?
The specific issue is that the values are not updating in the GUI. Everything was sweet in 2021.04 and earlier. Now on 2021.05 the automations work ok to e.g. switch devices on - mostly.
On the GUI all of my switches will be showing as Off but some may in fact be On but when the switch is operated in the gui the switch shows going On and a few seconds later going back Off but generally the switch itself does not change state. No longer reliable as it was.
Thinking about reverting to 2021.04 but interested to know if others are having issues.

Thanks for the info. for my learning how were you able to tie it to the Mosquito ad-on? Is there a way to look up the Task ID somewhere? Thanks!