2021.5: Stability, performance, triggers, color modes!

I have the same issue as tozzke. Can you explain how to make this volume entry?

Iā€™m definitely no docker expert. Iā€™m running ubuntu on a NUC, on ubuntu I do have the path /dev/serial/by-id when by USB is plugged in.

So that line worked for me. If youā€™re getting an error that the path does not exist, I suspect it did exist at some point, or HA would not have it in itā€™s database for the integration.

I would do this.

• reboot your hardware
  • cd to /dev/serial, do you see the by-id folder? Look in there too is the device ID there?

if so, then adding the info above should work. If not, I dont have much more advice other than the usual. Power off, unplug usb stick, etc. Iā€™ll say I found the item above from reddit post a year ago. Just happened to work for me. Hope this helps

@emontnemery could you please take a look at this, including the bug report issue #50095 (linked above).

Issue #50095 was closed because the problem is solved by PR #49599 which is included in yesterdayā€™s release (2021.5.0).
If you still have problems, please open a new issue :+1:

I have the same problem using docker for synology. The Conbee 2 is not showing up as /dev/serial/by-id but rather as /dev/ttyACM0 which i think always have been like that. I think i just need to change the device path in Home Assistant but i canā€™t find any option to do that. I also tried adding ZHA to my configuration.yaml but that didnā€™t change anything. I also donā€™t want to remove and re-add the integration because im quite sure that will delete all my entitiesā€¦

This upgrade seems to have fixed my recorder freezing issue!!! Something I have been trying to troubleshoot for months! Have not had any freezes in 24 hours. Iā€™m guessing it has to do with the event characters. I see that the characters limit can now be up to 64 and not cause problems if it goes over. What was the previous character limit? That information may help me determine which events were always causing the problems which in turn, made the recorder freeze, requiring a reboot, regularly.

Thank you development team! You all are amazing!

Was looking forward to trying the new color modes for lights but it appears HA is no longer recognizing the supported features attribute in customize.yaml. Was there a change to how that was implemented?

Setting supported_features: 177 no longer forces the white light slider to show up.

I tried this but no joy. All ZHA devices now offline.

serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB2.0-Serial-if00-port0: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB2.0-Serial-if00-port0'

In the docker console:

bash-5.0# ls /dev/serial
ls: /dev/serial: No such file or directory
bash-5.0# 

For now Iā€™ve restored from an SD card backup. Couldnā€™t get any USB devices to be visible in the docker container.

Anyone get the MotionEye integration to work? This url works in a browser.

1 Like

Adaptive Lighting appears to have been broken by this update :frowning: None of my Philips Hue bulbs work correctly now with Adaptive Lighting, which is probably the single most important integration I use :frowning:

It is dealt with already in the thread.

It is a 3rd party custom component - go to their github and post an issue.

Yes I understand its a 3rd Party CC., and I have posted to their GitHub.
Nevertheless, it may help others to know this is an issue caused by this update and not waste hours investigatingā€¦as I did!

3 Likes

Iā€™m using the amcrest camera platform to view the camera stream and for the binary sensor motion_detected. I have been using this platform with motion_detected for four amcrest cameras successfully for a long time, but after upgrading to 2021.5 my binary sensors for the amcrest cameras motion_detected no longer work correctly. They appear fine until they detect motion (detected) then they will not return to the clear status. I can force them to clear by changing their state using the developer tools, or by restarting HA. Once they detect motion again itā€™s back to the same problem of being stuck as detected. Everything works great with 2021.4.6 which is where my production instance is at now, but my test instance is still at 2021.5 hoping for a future patch that I can test there. Has anyone else noticed a similar issue since upgrading to 2021.5?

2 Likes

The previous limit was 32. We did a major refactor and update of the recorder in this version so itā€™s hard to guess which fix solved it.

2 Likes

@frenck Just wondering if there is a reason that https://updater.home-assistant.io/ still shows 2021.4.6 as the latest version? Is there intentionally a delay or is it a mistake?

My updater shows it is working fine. It does only update once a day but itā€™s up-to-date here

Not sure who needs to see this, but my zwave remotes stopped working until I changed my automations from

trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: zwave_js_event

to

trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: zwave_js_value_notification

Searching this thread would have been quicker than posting, its mentioned a couple of time already

1 Like

Multiple AdGuard, WOW, thankyou @eifinger, this is GREAT, finally I can get it integrated, making it so much easier for me to control the DNS lookups :slight_smile:

1 Like

During troubleshooting on this issue, I found the iAlarm main unit has supposedly no open portsā€¦

Has anyone else got the same problems with the new Antifurto365 integration?