2021.8.0: Feel the energy ⚡️

And I’ve been waiting for the siren integration for a while. Excellent work on this release!

Please, give the opportunity to set the approximate consumption of light.

The Energy is a very nice feature together with long-term statistics. Would it be possible to add Gas and/or water usage to the long-term statistics?

3 Likes

Turning off IPv6 on the host (in my case Synology DS) fixed the issue.

Changing template format to new style is not the solution:

template:

• sensor:
    • name: “PV Energia send”
      state: “{{(states(‘sensor.shelly_pv_channel_a_power’)|float + states(‘sensor.shelly_pv_channel_b_power’)|float + states(‘sensor.shelly_pv_channel_c_power’)|float) | round(0)}}”
      unit_of_measurement: “W”
      state_class: measurement
2 Likes

This is really weird decision because sensor data is not 100% ready for UI. In most cases I use template to postprocess data from sensors - read CSV bulk data and parse it into separate values in template. Does support for templates is in nearest roadmap?

IMHO functionality like DB cleanup and data aggregation for long term storage should be part of the core functionality. Aggregation per hour is good, but what about daily, monthly and yearly aggregation? Would it be possible to setup attribute to indicate frequency of aggregation? For example attribute like {hours=24, days=5,month=1} will indicate HA to store sensor values for 24 hour, hourly values for last 5 days, daily value for current month, all monthly values.

Some thoughts was published here - Anyone interested in a reports for Utility Meter? ...or maybe historical sensor value? - #11 by palivoda

4 Likes

Good effort. @frenck and team for the wonderful release.

Same here.

I agree, long term data storage should be part of the core functionality. That is why I am exited about this update, it seems like we are headed in that direction.

I did not enter a Header Name for my energy integration and now it looks like this
and I cannot change it. Somebody knows how to change?

Hey everyone,
I ran “Check Home Assistant configuration” before updating from 2021.7.4 to 2021.8.1.
It gives me the following error and I cant find any reference to it:

[12:08:14] INFO: Installed Home Assistant 2021.8.1
[12:08:14] INFO: Making a copy of your configuration for checking...
[12:08:14] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version...
[12:11:20] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[12:11:20] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
grep: write error: Broken pipe
ERROR:homeassistant.config:Invalid config for [automation]: Integration 'zha' not found (See ?, line ?). 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_automation/__init__.py", line 84, in async_get_device_automation_platform
    integration = await async_get_integration_with_requirements(hass, domain)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/requirements.py", line 76, in async_get_integration_with_requirements
    raise IntegrationNotFound(domain)
homeassistant.loader.IntegrationNotFound: Integration 'zha' not found.
The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 104, in _try_async_validate_config_item
    config = await async_validate_config_item(hass, config, full_config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 72, in async_validate_config_item
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting

What do I do? should I upgrade or wait for a fix?

This issue disappeared. Presumably a caching issue.

Same issue here with the following error:

2021-08-05 12:09:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for easee: Unable to import component: cannot import name 'ELECTRICAL_CURRENT_AMPERE' from 'homeassistant.const' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/const.py)

I have an existing 'DSMR Slimme Meter’ so configuring the Electricity Grid was pretty easy and seems to work. For cost I selected static price but the reports shows 0,00 euro. Any ideas why that is?

very promising update. I get my energy consumption via mqtt and defined sensors like this:

- platform: mqtt
    name: "grid_feed"
    state_topic: "sma/1/4"
    device_class: "power"
    state_class: "measurement"
    unit_of_measurement: "W"

unfortunately this sensor does not show up in the new energy section even with device_class and state_class defined. What do I need to do to get it seen?

1 Like

They need a last_reset attribute, but if you try to add one following the mqtt sensor documentation, none of the possible solutions work.

One solution that works :

you can configure it through customization in configuration.yaml

homeassistant:
  customize:
    sensor.grid_feed
      last_reset: "2021-07-30T00:00:00+00:00"

On Step 2 of the Energy Wizard I pressed Ctrl+F5 and now the Energy Dashboard is half set up. How do I reset it, or continue the Setup?

edit: found it. Configuration → Energy (in the middle of the long list)

for some reason i still don’t know 2018-8 are not working with my current configuration

after the update my supervisor api lost connection with my network at the point that can’t found any shelly device or even pull data of coronavirus integration

i start a new virtual machine and found all the shelly’s but at soon as i restore my backup, everything broke again

Hello,
I have an EFERGY integration taking every some minutes the energy consumption from a Clamp.
When I try to setup the new Energy by Home Assistant I cannot select the Energy device as source and therefore there is nothing to select.
What i am missing
Thanks.

1 Like

Just because your attempt failed doesn’t prove it’s not the solution.

It works for other people who have used the correct unit of measurement (kilo watt-hours, not watts) and have configured the last_reset option.

Read the five posts in this thread, starting with this one.

To conclude, it is currently possible to employ Template Sensors with the Energy integration, provided they are configured appropriately.

EDIT

If you have a sensor that report in Watts and you want to convert it to a sensor reporting in kiloWatt-Hours, you can use this technique.

sensor:
  - platform: integration
    source: sensor.current_power
    name: energy_spent
    unit_prefix: k
    round: 2
4 Likes