2021.8.0: Feel the energy ⚡️

Legend, thank you so much!

Thx this is working! Any idea how to use the extra meter as return to grid in the energy management?
I’v added this in the customize.yaml:

sensor.youless_current_power_usage_extra:
state_class: measurement
device_class: energy
last_reset: ‘1970-01-01T00:00:00.000000+00:00’

But the extra meter is not showing up in the energy management after restarting. I can see that the attributes are changed:
timestamp: 1629108624
unit_of_measurement: W
friendly_name: Current Power usage Extra
icon: mdi:flash
state_class: measurement
device_class: energy
last_reset: ‘1970-01-01T00:00:00.000000+00:00’

You neet kWh, not w. With the ‘integration’ Riemann sum integral platform you can change w in kWh. Lot’s off examples in this threat

1 Like

Can confirm this. It’s not working for me either.

Any idea when the Honeywell Total Connect updates are going to be merged? Not seeing them in the latest .7 release… Still can’t have > 1 zone w/ this new integration.

Plus one here for Solcast. Solcast’s API allows 50 calls per day (upgraded since closing their tuning system). And their documentation is much more professional than Forecast.solar

This is the first time Home Assistant has released a core feature that does not cover the whole world, focussing on Europe and North America. I’m not sure that this follows the charter for Home Assistant (if one exists). Personally, I find this extremely disappointing after using Home Assitant for years.

Australia has the highest number of rooftop solar installation per capita in the world and is also one of the highest HA user bases (probably highest per capita again).

Leaving out a valuable user base is a poor decision.

Integrating Solcast would be relatively simple for a competant programmer (I.e. Not me!) as it is a REST API.

Home Assistant - please fix the Energy panel to allow the whole planet to benefit from this integration.

Here is a starting point:

Vote for SolCast:

4 Likes

Unfortunately, the new integration for Honeywell Total Comfort Connect (US) has broken functionality. No changes have been made except updating to 2021.8.4:

1. Too many API calls are now being made, leaving me locked out by Honeywell.

2. Also, the previous configuration entry permitted multiple thermostats, the integration no longer permits this.

Here’s my log with the too many API calls “rate limited” error:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/honeywell/__init__.py", line 112, in update
    await self._hass.async_add_executor_job(self.device.refresh)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/somecomfort/client.py", line 87, in refresh
    data = self._client._get_thermostat_data(self.deviceid)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/somecomfort/client.py", line 468, in _get_thermostat_data
    return self._get_json(url)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/somecomfort/client.py", line 444, in _get_json
    return self._request_json('get', *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/somecomfort/client.py", line 436, in _request_json
    raise APIRateLimited()
somecomfort.client.APIRateLimited: You are being rate-limited. Try waiting a bit.
2 Likes

To verify that it was the new integration causing issues, I reverted back from 2021.8.6 to my previous snapshot of 2021.7.4 and was fine through 24hrs.

I’m having the exact same issue, something must have recently changed to cause the rate limit to keep being exceeded. I’m also going to revert back to 2021.7.4 until this is fixed.

Reverting never fixes the problem. Please post a GitHub issue.

2 Likes

The multiple thermostat issue is known. I got slapped for suggesting it be added to the “breaking changes” list, not sure why that would be a bad thing.

Anyway, it IS being worked by the developer, who jumped right in when this issue was reported. (Thank you!) There’s been some talk about the rate limiting issue, as well, although I didn’t experience that.

Reverting is the ONLY option at this point. Managing my home energy use is the primary justification for spending my time and money on HA. That has to work before all the other fun stuff.

I’m struggling to get my Shelly EM to show real-time power ‘grid’ usage in the energy section. Any one able to show how they got it to work? Thanks!

What sensors does it create? I would think it should work as my newly installed shelly dimmer 2 shows how much energy my lights have used in the energy panel.

Might be mistaken, is the ‘grid’ graph meant to show real time usage? Mine seems to be incrementing up like a counter. It’s not showing realtime. I have " shellyem-B0E7B2 channel 1 Energy" as my Grid consumption.

Here are the sensors:

Energy statistics are calculated hourly.

I believe it updates every hour (at about 12 mins past the hour).

What are the attributes of the energy sensor? You may have to wait up to two hours for data to show. Also I had to refresh the energy page with a ctrl-F5.

@tom_l beat me to it again :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it possible to change the sources colour? (I’m colourblind, and get distinguish the current colour set)

@ChrisHA sorry I don’t know the answer to your question, however I hope you don’t mind I have a question after seeing your screenshot.

Did you do anything special to get the ‘Sources’ section to show the ‘Energy’ and ‘Cost’ for individual appliances (you’re washing and dryer). I’ve added lots of individual devices to the ‘individual devices’ section but they do not show up under ‘Sources’ for me only in the ‘Monitor Individual Devices’ section.

Wondering if you just added your washer/dryer to the ‘Grid Consumption’ section if not I have a problem with my sensors :confused: ?

Maybe I’m completely wrong, but here you are adding on top of total power usage individual device usage?
IMHO - those should be individual device usage - as they are already calculated in total energy usage?
Or is total energy usage something different and only named wrong?

Am I the only one not seeing the renamed hassio services “backup_full” and “backup_partial” after upgrading to 2021.8 ( Rename snapshot → backup by ludeeus · Pull Request #51629 · home-assistant/core · GitHub?

I still have the old hassio.snapshot* services :face_with_raised_eyebrow: